Just when you thought the ammo shortage was about over here comes the copper shortage !

dgr416

Yes now there is fixing to be a severe copper shortage because of the drought out west .They use tons of water to wash the copper ore and separate it in the process .I bet there will be no bullets this time .We are in for a long haul on this ammo shortage !

That interesting. I have a part ownership in a Recycling yard. Copper price have fallen a lot over the past few months. It was up, but now is down. That's the one thing on metals the prices is generally moving up or down all the time.

With the way the world is headed it seems copper and nickel would be wise industries to invest in. Everything's going full electric, you need copper for wiring as we have yet to find something that works as good and it'll have to get far pricier still to make its alternatives hold any appeal. You need lots of nickel for the high power lithium ion batteries electric vehicles require. Elon Musk (whether he's a visionary or full of it or both is anyone's guess at times) has warned of an impending nickel shortage with the advent of widespread electric vehicles.

I had "investing money"…

I wish the ammo companies would refocus their efforts producing hunting cartridges over the next few months. Nothing like spending $100 for a box of 300 win.
My thought as to why we can't get bullets is because the bullet makers are now loading ammo with the ones they produce. Think about it....
Hornady started out making bullets........
Speer started out making bullets.....
Sierra started out making bullets.......
Nosler started out making bullets......
Berger started out making bullets..............
and the brass that you can't get is going where? Yep, you guessed it......to the companies loading the ammo. And what about those primers and powder that you can't get either? Same thing. Why? Because it's all about the buck and they make more on loaded ammo then they do components.
Not only that, they can control the supply to keep prices up and dig deeper in everyone's pockets. Hunting season is coming across the country.....let's see what happens.
That's my opinion anyway.

I just got off the phone with a guy at Macks PW. They claim to sell more waterfowl ammunition than anyone in the World. You would believe it too if you saw their stock in previous years. I asked him when the truckload of HeviX2 was going to arrive. It was promised mid July. The current answer is not this year. Maybe next year. I don't think its being produced.

I just got off the phone with a guy at Macks PW. They claim to sell more waterfowl ammunition than anyone in the World. You would believe it too if you saw their stock in previous years. I asked him when the truckload of HeviX2 was going to arrive. It was promised mid July. The current answer is not this year. Maybe next year. I don't think its being produced.
How can any company stay in business if they aren't producing product and getting it out to the consumers?
It sure does make me wonder what's really going on.

How can any company stay in business if they aren't producing product and getting it out to the consumers?
It sure does make me wonder what's really going on.
I don't know, haven't been able to buy any ammo from Remington since March. They cannot make primers. I buy STS at the plant for tournaments. They were all talkie talkie about it in March. Now they have gone dark and tight lipped. worries me. I do know the only run of 20ga they ran this year was gun clubs in 7-1/2, and it was a VERY short run. They did run a few 12's, also 7-1/2. they said they had no small shot at the time. Now they won't even talk.