Just kicking around the idea of a dynamite shoot.

Jared2700

I also live in Elko Nevada. I was just thinking we should start a dynamite shoot here. I used to attend them all the time in Utah and Idaho. Tons of fun... The one thing I heard was that it cost alot for the insurance thou. I would just use tannerite for the charge. Put it in a 3/4 pvc pipe. Mabe that would take away some of the insurance costs? Not sure, but it a hoot. Two buck per shot one goes to the pot the other goes to the winner. Make some hats and have a 200 or 100 yard one. That they win a hat if they hit it off hand. The other would be for no more power than 6 on the scope and a standard rifles without bull barrels. Distance from 650 yards to 800 yards unknown to the shooter. No range finder. Then unlimited rifle and scope power at a 1000 yards. What do you guys think? Interest in participating?

I'd love to see it! Gateway I think is the last one running, and they may be regrouping as well, over issues with ATF, and dynamite.

They have a Facebook page, and you might get some info there, as to the future.

I'd love to see it! Gateway I think is the last one running, and they may be regrouping as well, over issues with ATF, and dynamite. Thanks for the information.

They have a Facebook page, and you might get some info there, as to the future.
Thanks for the information. I will have to look it.up and then go from there. I was thinking of a charity to let the excess funds go to other than the cost of set-up and insurance. Thinking that might be a type 1 diabeties research facility. Because one of my daughter's was diagnosed in August at 10 years old. What do you think?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.