Joiled the 1 mile club today

Keystone7mm

Today was definitely a bucket list day. I went out to a friend's house where they have steel set from 100 yards all the way to 1 mile. We shot several guns, but my focus was on my 7 Rem Mag. It is a custom job built by Accuracy Systems in Byers, CO on an old Remington 700 action. The barrel is a stainless 29" Criterion tube with a 1-7" twist. Today I was shooting my 190 grain A-tip plinking load over Retumbo going 2870 fps.

It was a beautiful day, and I started out at 600 yards and worked out to 1075 before setting the gun aside to rest and let others shoot. Later I shot at 1153 yards, and then jumped to 1650. I had to play with my dope a bit, but found both targets. I decided to try 1 mile. 1st shot elevation was great, but missed just right of the plate. Second shot I overcompensated for the wind and missed just left. Elevation was good. I settled in on 4 MOA of left windage and let her rip again and celebrated as the hit indicator lit up! One more shot and I was in the middle of the plate.

What a great afternoon, doing what I love to do with great friends. Thank you to everyone on this site for the knowledge I have gained over the years! It payed off today in a big way.

Today was definitely a bucket list day. I went out to a friend's house where they have steel set from 100 yards all the way to 1 mile. We shot several guns, but my focus was on my 7 Rem Mag. It is a custom job built by Accuracy Systems in Byers, CO on an old Remington 700 action. The barrel is a stainless 29" Criterion tube with a 1-7" twist. Today I was shooting my 190 grain A-tip plinking load over Retumbo going 2870 fps.

It was a beautiful day, and I started out at 600 yards and worked out to 1075 before setting the gun aside to rest and let others shoot. Later I shot at 1153 yards, and then jumped to 1650. I had to play with my dope a bit, but found both targets. I decided to try 1 mile. 1st shot elevation was great, but missed just right of the plate. Second shot I overcompensated for the wind and missed just left. Elevation was good. I settled in on 4 MOA of left windage and let her rip again and celebrated as the hit indicator lit up! One more shot and I was in the middle of the plate.

What a great afternoon, doing what I love to do with great friends. Thank you to everyone on this site for the knowledge I have gained over the years! It payed off today in a big way.
Thats some great shooting!!

Darrin

Congratulations Keystone 7mm,

I joined the 1 mile club on St. Patrick's day at the Clinton House Plantation
Used my 7mm PRC with factory Hornady 180 Eld-M ammo
180's moving 2875 fps out of my Shilen 26 inch barrel
Took me 8 shots to get on the 2'x4' plate and 6 shots to hit the 18 inch gong
It was great day shooting
The 7mm works really well in many configurations

Congrats man!đź‘ŤGreat account. It's like we were right there with you.

Congratulations Buddy!!!! Great Shooting!! That is something a hope to do as well. Id like to " TRY" my 270 Weatherby Mag at that range, but my plan is to put together a long-range rifle in 7 PRC, with the appropriate load , to hit steel at 1 mile. Tax Refund money!! BUCKET LIST!!!