Its bullet testing time!

hunter67wa

So I shot two does yesterday with 22-250 and the Nosler 64gr bonded bullet and wow!
One at 279y high shoulder drt. I will examine bullet path when I butcher.
One at 50y double lung rib on the way in no rib on way out. She trotted 40y and stumbled 10 and fell over. Blood trail started at 20y. One lung wrecked from bone fragments from rib and the other had a silver dollar sized hole.

This is shaping up to be a great deer bullet! One thing though so far I cannot get my 223ai to shoot this bullet but my 22-250 will shoot under half minute with them.

cheers

So I shot two does yesterday with 22-250 and the Nosler 64gr bonded bullet and wow!
One at 279y high shoulder drt. I will examine bullet path when I butcher.
One at 50y double lung rib on the way in no rib on way out. She trotted 40y and stumbled 10 and fell over. Blood trail started at 20y. One lung wrecked from bone fragments from rib and the other had a silver dollar sized hole.

This is shaping up to be a great deer bullet! One thing though so far I cannot get my 223ai to shoot this bullet but my 22-250 will shoot under half minute with them.

cheers

What's the twist in each of the barre? I use Sierra's 65 GM in my .223 1-9 twist and it's a hammer, deadly accurate on Deer I've killed in Idaho. It also shoots quite well in my .22-250 AI So, the weights being similar perhaps it's a twist or jump issue with your 64gr in the .223 Rem.

What's the twist in each of the barre? I use Sierra's 65 GM in my .223 1-9 twist and it's a hammer, deadly accurate on Deer I've killed in Idaho. It also shoots quite well in my .22-250 AI So, the weights being similar perhaps it's a twist or jump issue with your 64gr in the .223 Rem.

My 223 is 1x9 and my 22-250 is 1x8. I too normally shoot 65 sgk and have great luck. I thought I would give these a try as I get them cheap and they are living up to there reputation.

Butchered the doe I shot at 279 and bullet completely shattered the spine and exited. I will have to shoot a different angle I guess to recover a bullet.

I shoot the 65 gr from my ar. My 8 yr old shot a doe at 20 yds text book shot behind the shoulder a few yrs back and it only penetrated 1 lung and disintegrated. I was very surprised at the results after reading so many positive reviews. None the less it was his first deer and she only went 40 yds. 1/7 twist 223 wylde 2800 ft/sec. has anyone had similar issues with the Sierra? I'm interested in the nosler bonded bullet too.

Sounds like she went the same distance as mine. I've had good luck with SGK. You could try a partition or tsx.

I think this thread just gave me an excuse to get a fast twist .22-250. My old Wby. Varmint master is a 1:12 so I use a 50 grain TSX.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.