22-250 deer load testing

Have killed quite a few deer over the years with a 22-250.55 grain V MAX with 36.5 grains Varget.If facing in the white spot on the throat,if sideways thru the lungs,lung shots have almost always went a short distance and pile up.

Have killed quite a few deer over the years with a 22-250.55 grain V MAX with 36.5 grains Varget.If facing in the white spot on the throat,if sideways thru the lungs,lung shots have almost always went a short distance and pile up.
I'm surprised due to the light construction. But I don't doubt your report. Trauma to the vitals is trauma. Another tool for the toolbox. Thanks!

Nosler 60gr. Partition, and Hornady SP have worked for me. I have some of the Nosler 70gr. Accu bonds to try. Majority, have been shot behind the ear, and within 200yds.

Dad had shoulder surgery at 70 he is 73 this year he was bent on deer hunting. He was convinced he would be fine shooting the ole 270 and he has shot it for 50 years. I was concerned so I picked up a 22-250 and got him to try it out. It is all he shoots now 55g ballistic tips and soft pts have worked very well on Florida deer

Thanks

Buck

I will not be using the 70 grain speer with my 22-250. I just couldnt find a load that I was satisfied with. I did get some very accurate groups using the 65 grain gameking and hodgdon Superformance powder. I loaded 65 of those up. I have yet to do any testing with the 62 grain gameking.

Killed my first deer with a 65gr Gameking in 22-250. Bullet entered one side and made a softball sized hole on the other. About 50 yards. I was using a Savage factory rifle but I don't remember the twist rate. Likely 1:12? I was absolutely shocked it worked but I was able to hold a dime over the group that rifle would shoot.