Is this a good trade?

Tikkamike

I have a winchester supershadow in 270 wsm (blued/synthetic) there is a guy with a weatherby vanguard stainless in 300 wby value for value is that a good trade?

I'll admit my bias right off - I like Weatherbys.

Having said that, I'd do it because there is more bullet choice available for a 30 caliber than a 270 - part of the reason I sold my 270 WSM rifle. And, you'd move up from blued to stainless. If the Vanguard comes in a plain black stock I'd then go ahead and order a new B&C Medalist from Stocky's, bed the action to the stock and start having fun.

But, that's me.

I plan on selling the rifle anyway I just went with the trade to help a guy out and thought the weatherby would be easier to get rid of. I just wanted to know if it was good as a dollar value trade. I cant find the stainless vanguard on the weatherby website.

Why did they stop making it?

Who knows. They cite both cost and demand depending which time you hear an explanation. Over on the Weatherby boards there are plenty of customers who would like to see it return.

I suspect that in X number of years, once any remaining new ones are cleared out of gun stores, it may return.

I own both guns. It will be harder to get rid of the Vanguard. The Winchester is a hotter caliber. I love them both. So i don't have a dog in the hunt. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.