Is this a good deal?

HoytFlinger

Hey guys,

My first post here, but I have a question if you don't care. I ran across a stainless Browning A-Bolt, I know not the preference, but, it is chambered in 7 Dakota, 25.5" Krieger, supposedly put together by Gunwerks. Comes with DNZ mount, sitting in a B&C Medalist stock, 75 rounds loaded ammo, 100 pieces of brass, and RCBS dies. Shipped in a hard case for $1,350. Is this a good deal?

It has had less than 60 rounds down the pipe.

Thanks,

Todd

I think it is a good deal. I bought a gun from Gunwerks that was built by someone else when they were BESTOFTHEWEST. Gun works great. 7mm dakota is a very good cal. in my opinion. My gun is a 7mm Wapiti.

Just remember how fast your dollars are becoming worthless as the economy collapses. Buy the rifle now and keep your eyes open for other as a hedge against inflation.

Last weekend I bought a 1990 Browning BAR in 300 Win Mag at a gun show. The "declining dollar" excuse was satisfying, especially since the rifle was very lightly used and only $500. I used to use need as an excuse but that seemed silly after my collection exceeded 50 rifles.

It would cost you at least twice that to do it yourself. Makes me wonder why they are selling it though.

Do you like abolts? If it's not what you want you can build exactly what you want for a little more. I love the Dakota rounds but do you?

Do you like abolts? If it's not what you want you can build exactly what you want for a little more. I love the Dakota rounds but do you?

I like them. To me, accurate is accurate, I don't care what the brand is. I have never had a rifle chambered in a Dakota round, but I like the ballistics of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.