Is there anyone ….

shphtr

…. in the Anchorage area with an AMP annealer with the Aztec program installed. I have been using my AMP annealer for several years and love it. I have worked myself into a time crunch reloading my son's rifle for an upcoming hunt and the setting for the brass I have is not readily available. I plan to add the Aztec program but do not currently have access to either a PC/Mac or the time to try and get set up and add the Aztec software. Any help if available would be greatly appreciated.

Doubt it but always possible: 375 Weatherby head stamped A-Square. I checked the extensive listing that AMP has posted on line and not listed. I feel sure someone in the greater Anchorage area has Aztec software installed I just need to find.

If there is time to FED Ex a piece of brass somewhere maybe then someone here with Aztec installed on Amp could do the
analysis for you?

Then you'd just need to head a message up with the title ---Anyone with an AMP and Aztec That can help?
I bet you'd get some answers that way.

I don't think codes are interchangeable between Aztec mode and regular mode. So code 123 in Aztec is not the same as code 123 in normal mode. From the AMP site:

06897407-DFE8-438F-B078-8E4D3CCDD8E3.png

Thank you for the offer, maybe I can send it after I return from Kodiak - I leave next week so will use as is,

I don't think codes are interchangeable between Aztec mode and regular mode. So code 123 in Aztec is not the same as code 123 in normal mode. From the AMP site:

View attachment 304134
Ok, I thought the main thing Aztec did was analyze the brass so that it would tell you how hot, how long, how many rotations for the settings on your machine. I thought it would just define settings. But I dont have one so maybe I dont understand how it works.

Ok, got it, those settings only apply if you actually have the Aztec mode on your machine.

With Amp, can you experiment trial and error with tempilac like you do with other machines?
Its not as exact by any stage of the imagination as something like Aztec, but is it possible to get in the ballpark with an amp
using tempilac to see where the anneal travels down the case to say a 1/4 inche below the neck?

I used it to paint my brass and monitor where it melted on certain time, and rotations, but not on an Amp.