Is my pattern good enough?For turkey season

...solve your problem with TSS #9's...either Appex or Federal with the factory choke, no need for super tight aftermarket because the pattern is too small...it'll have far more hits, be more effective at every distance...only costs a little more..

Years ago when I was teaching Hunter ed, info came along to the instructors saying it takes 14 pellets in the neck/head area to kill a Turkey. Must be true because even a well shooting 20 ga will take birds.
I've used Remington 20 ga #5 shoot game loads, (nothing fancy), on many Turkeys. Lucky for me, with a good Pattern Master Turkey choke, that little 20 ga does the job.
Get yourself a Turkey target. The round circle is great for checking overall patterns, but not for Turkey.
Then, you'll be able to see which ammo puts the pellets where it counts.

Brother get yourself some Federal Grand Slam #5 and you're good to go. They have Flitecontrol wad in them. They work in all chokes. You better be on his head an neck when you shoot or you'll miss. Trust me. I shoot a Mossberg 12 g 3.5 mag. Up to 50 yards. I just don't shoot farther than that. But I could. Trust Me. Try them , let be me know !!

Does anyone know if called/spring turkeys are typically shot at shorter ranges than fall turkeys? Would a different shot size/type be used?

Brother get yourself some Federal Grand Slam #5 and you're good to go. They have Flitecontrol wad in them. They work in all chokes. You better be on his head an neck when you shoot or you'll miss. Trust me. I shoot a Mossberg 12 g 3.5 mag. Up to 50 yards. I just don't shoot farther than that. But I could. Trust Me. Try them , let be me know !!
Looked them up and they appear to shoot pretty tight patterns. What choke tube would be optimum for the tightest pattern?

I would recomend getting a target with a full size turkeys head on it and try that
because even though you may have a good shot count for a 10" circle you are
looking for a uniform pattern density (No holes large enough for the turkeys head
or neck to go UN damaged.

With the turkey head target you can also pick the best aiming point. I like to aim at
the head so I don't shoot up the breast. some aim at the center of the neck so they
get as many shot in the turkey as possible. but with 2 1/4 oz loads that is not a problem
for me.

Some times different brands of shotgun shells can produce better shot densities
than others in the same choke. also shot size can greatly effect the pattern densities

I tried every brand of turkey loads on a turkey target and found a huge difference
and even though I may prefer one brand over I will always pick the best in my shot
gun with the chokes I have.

Buy doing this I have extended my effective range from 45 yards to 65yards and that
can be important later in the season.

Good luck and give it a try.

J E CUSTOM
That sounds Good to me !!