2010 fall turkey season

top predator

i'll start...

TURKEYFALL2010HAT2-WORDED-Copy.jpg

i thought it to be one of my better stalks / hunts. fog in the morning didn't allow me to get a good shot at any of the birds, then after it cleared out they returned - vitals covered by cut corn stalks and the lay of the land. wnet for a walk to go get 'em, spotted them 3 more times through the trees. then heard them clucking and scratching in the dry leaves on the other lower side of the gulley.
FALLTURKEY2010STALK-Copy.jpg

dropped my pack and mat, belly crawled over and under five of the blow downs, got to the hump to use for cover. although i've belly crawled several hundered yards in the past, that was in open field with no logs or "corn flake crunchy" dry leaves. couldn't get a clear shot on any of the approx. 25 birds, until one hopped on a log about 55 yards out on the other side of the gulley / stream bed. through the saplings all i had was just enough clear to see the vitals.
that's all i needed.

Last edited:
I didnt live up to years past on the total number of casualties, but I made up for it with one of the turkeys. I killed 2 in the morning and one in the afternoon. I should have gotten my limit(6), but things just didnt go as planned. The two "normal" colored turkeys had beards in the 8" length and 3/4" spurs, the white one was a jake. There were 4 white ones total, but I just couldnt get lined up on them like I wanted..... same with the other birds that I saw and drew down on.
2010fallturk2.jpg

2010fallturk1.jpg

That snow was in Tennessee. I cant wait until spring turkey season. There are tons of turkeys at this farm and the owner wants them gone. I'll more than oblige him.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.