Is it worth it

califoriahunter

So a buddy of mine has a mouser 98 and was asking me if it's worth trying to build up a bit maybe put a hart on it get it blueprinted and see how good he can get it to shoot or just save his $$$$$ and think about another project...

Just a suggestion, do a search on gunbroker for a custom Mauser and see if any are selling or if there are any bids on them. I will bet not. $500 for a new barrel installed, and hard or worse to sell...

There were a lot of Mauser customs a while back but not so much any more. For an easier build try a Remington 700. Accessories are So much easier to get...

Loving Mausers is a minor disease, but it's worse than loving Brownings. At least I can get some accessories for my Browning semi-custom. :D

Ya I see what your saying but to me a700 build is a bit lame and everyone does one I don't think he is looking to build it to sell just to hunt with and shoot but ya I'm sure the 700 makes a great platform but it's a little boring in my opinion

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.