Is 270WSM helping the 270Win

jtmoose

I always heard the 270 was a great cartridge that never caught on because it didn't have any good match bullets for it. Is the WSM reviving the caliber to develop higher BC bullets for use in the 270win? I see Nosler has a long range 270 available, are there other bullets that would make this a reasonable cartridge and to be taken more seriously than it already is?

I don't know but I sure hope so. Even Berger's bullets in .277 are way inferior in BC to their 6.5mm and 7mm flanking them on both sides. Shame.

The 270 Win is one of the most popular hunting chamberings, the WSM is just more of a good thing. There are currently three bullets with .650+ BC from 165-175 gr from Matrix, there is also a 170 grain in the works from Berger with a .703 BC that we'll see soon. The 270 is a go to caliber around here!!

The 270 Win is one of the most popular hunting chamberings, the WSM is just more of a good thing. There are currently three bullets with .650+ BC from 165-175 gr from Matrix, there is also a 170 grain in the works from Berger with a .703 BC that we'll see soon. The 270 is a go to caliber around here!!

BAM! That's about sums it up.

The bullets necessary to allow the 270 Win to finally reach out an touch are finally available.

I saw a post that says that release of the Berger 170, as bigngreen mentioned, is imminent.

I've been with out a 270 cal for a couple of months. I'm about to change that!

Did Matrix indeed discontinue the 175gr. Or are they (special order )???

No they are a standard cup and core VLD, I run them in a 10 twist but you'd want to verify twist rate at your elevation, some guys run an 8 twist some a 9.

I have 100 , 175's if you need some. I went a different direction with what I wanted to do. Also have a #10, Brux 8 twist I am looking to part with.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.