Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Finished load work up today for 123 Ab Hammers in the 6.5-06AI. After 4 powders and 2 primers I ended up with 60.7grs Superformance, CCI 250s and Lapua brass. Hit 3524. Best accuracy is back at 3472. Got the 300fps gain over 124 Hammer Hunters but had to slow down a little for best groups. This load shoots high .2s to mid .5s with 26" bbl. Still want to work on SD and ES. SD was 10, ES was 24.
Wonder how a Fed GM215M would work?
When I get all my new Peterson brass ready for the 280AI, I have on hand Varget, H4831SC and RE23. I'm thinking just a middle of the road load, 5 each for these three powders and just look at velocity and ES for now. Intriguing bullet and dynamics. I'm thinking the ignition qualities of the match magnum primers might burn this powder well in a 26" barrel. It is impressive with same primer, RE23, 143 HH and ridiculously low ES
right now. It's at 3100 with the HH where the existing Nosler brass is happy. Fun stuff.

Those number look pretty good. I'm liking what I'm seeing from you guys so far. I ran out of daylight again. Dang customers. Can't get nothing done for myself. Getting dark 2 hrs earlier already too. But everything is sitting right on my bench waiting for me. Still got 3 customs to finish up before season. Yes I'm supposed to be retired. But they keep coming. At least I got my rifle built this summer.
Shep
Hey, so... I've got this barrel and a reamer... Jk. Having useful skills is great, and terrible at the same time.

Those number look pretty good. I'm liking what I'm seeing from you guys so far. I ran out of daylight again. Dang customers. Can't get nothing done for myself. Getting dark 2 hrs earlier already too. But everything is sitting right on my bench waiting for me. Still got 3 customs to finish up before season. Yes I'm supposed to be retired. But they keep coming. At least I got my rifle built this summer.
Shep
Work at night, shoot in the day?

That 6.5-06 so is going to be a laser. I've built a bunch of those for the 1000 yard guys and they shoot real good. I have a 6.5x257wby mag reamer I been wanting to do one with. Should do 3700+ with these 123ah bullets.
Shep
I have one of those and 123s OTW. Keep looking at the tracking #. lol

When I get all my new Peterson brass ready for the 280AI, I have on hand Varget, H4831SC and RE23. I'm thinking just a middle of the road load, 5 each for these three powders and just look at velocity and ES for now. Intriguing bullet and dynamics. I'm thinking the ignition qualities of the match magnum primers might burn this powder well in a 26" barrel. It is impressive with same primer, RE23, 143 HH and ridiculously low ES
right now. It's at 3100 with the HH where the existing Nosler brass is happy. Fun stuff.
FWIW - Just ran a ladder test with my new 22 inch Savage AXIS II .280 AI with the 155 gr. Absolute Hammers using W760. Started at 53.0 gr. with 0.5 gr. increments and hit slight pressure marks at 55.0 gr. All 5 rounds could be covered with a quarter. So much for the "ladder". Going to load a batch at 54.0 gr. to see how that goes. No chrono so only shooting for accuracy for hunting right now. Happy with gun and load so far.

FWIW - Just ran a ladder test with my new 22 inch Savage AXIS II .280 AI with the 155 gr. Absolute Hammers using W760. Started at 53.0 gr. with 0.5 gr. increments and hit slight pressure marks at 55.0 gr. All 5 rounds could be covered with a quarter. So much for the "ladder". Going to load a batch at 54.0 gr. to see how that goes. No chrono so only shooting for accuracy for hunting right now. Happy with gun and load so far.
New Peterson with F215 GM Match. 3.360" COAL

Finished load work up today for 123 Ab Hammers in the 6.5-06AI. After 4 powders and 2 primers I ended up with 60.7grs Superformance, CCI 250s and Lapua brass. Hit 3524. Best accuracy is back at 3472. Got the 300fps gain over 124 Hammer Hunters but had to slow down a little for best groups. This load shoots high .2s to mid .5s with 26" bbl. Still want to work on SD and ES. SD was 10, ES was 24.
That's freaking awesome

I'm out of Federal match magnum primers right now. Obviously none are to be had locally. I tried regular Federals and Remington 9 1/2s. Both were a little erratic. The CCI 250s were much better and more consistent. In other loads I have gotten excellent results with either regular or magnum primers. Just have to try both to see what the rifle likes best. CCI 250s have given extremely low single digit ES and SD in other loads - just not this one (yet). I'm going to try ButterBean's crimping concept and see what it does. Just hell to find dies right now. Lee is swamped. No custom dies until at least the end of November, if then, according to customer service today.

So I ran a ladder test with H4831SC in the 6.5 PRC and found that it pressured out at 3220 with 59.6gr so that one is out but I might try RL26 next for kicks.

I also fine tuned my StaBall 6.5 load by adjusting the seating depth. Based on the results I got the best accuracy at .08 jump while the best ES and SD was at .06 jump. I was racing the sun tonight so I will have to go back and retest the .08 and .06 then double check the powder charge when I have more time to spread the shots out.