Introducing the Absolute Hammer

I'm not saying applied is spot on for a true bc I was just saying that they have seemed to be very close. You always need to fine tune but Ilthey seem to get me very close on most bullets. I can say the bc they offered me for the 6.5 hammers in my creed were way under stated. I found mine much closer to the hammer bc from drops. I'm wondering if the problem Steve and Brian have attempted to fix with this new one is what some are seeing. Low reading from applied. I've offered to supply bullets to litz from hammer in my chosen caliber for testing but seems they are very busy. Just frustrating because they test Berger it hornady ASAP. Heck they seem to have data for the 390gr .375 atip that I've not been able to get for the whole year .

Guess what I meant was until they test it we may have bc with a wide spread. As some have noticed. What I meant by a solid bc was something. To get us very close. Which seems to be the case with applied on almost everything they have done

It would seem that if you have your velocity, drops, and environmentals you you could calculate the BC but the variables will be what distance/velocity you are shooting and what effect your barrel has on the bullet. I go with the numbers that work at the farthest distance that I test, minimum 1,000 yards. Sierra list 3 different BC's for different velocities so it is not a static number, but and average that depends on how far and fast you are shooting. The whole point of the AH was to mitigate the effect of the bore on the bullet. I think as our chronos, Kestrals, and rangefinders get better the variation in BC from rifle to rifle is going to become more apparent.

This is for the SMK 230 grain .308
.800 @1880 fps and above .780 between 1600 and 1880 fps .740 @ 1600 and below

I'm not saying applied is spot on for a true bc I was just saying that they have seemed to be very close. You always need to fine tune but Ilthey seem to get me very close on most bullets. I can say the bc they offered me for the 6.5 hammers in my creed were way under stated. I found mine much closer to the hammer bc from drops. I'm wondering if the problem Steve and Brian have attempted to fix with this new one is what some are seeing. Low reading from applied. I've offered to supply bullets to litz from hammer in my chosen caliber for testing but seems they are very busy. Just frustrating because they test Berger it hornady ASAP. Heck they seem to have data for the 390gr .375 atip that I've not been able to get for the whole year .
I've noticed my Kestrel has a few Hammer bullets in their library now. The BC's they list are quite low compared to what is listed on Hammers website. For example, Hammer lists the 7mm 177gr Hunter at .313 G7 (estimated) while Kestrel has it a .237 G7. That's a significant difference. I want to think it's actually somewhere around the .277 G7 listed for the new 172gr Absolute. I haven't been able to test it beyond 300 yards

I've noticed my Kestrel has a few Hammer bullets in their library now. The BC's they list are quite low compared to what is listed on Hammers website. For example, Hammer lists the 7mm 177gr Hunter at .313 G7 (estimated) while Kestrel has it a .237 G7. That's a significant difference. I want to think it's actually somewhere around the .277 G7 listed for the new 172gr Absolute. I haven't been able to test it beyond 300 yards

Glad to see Kestrel pick up Hammer data. Now, I need QuickLOAD to do the same. While I'm preloading my wish list, isn't it past time for Reloder 26 short cut.

I've seen the same thing with my applied app. Big difference but I've seem to be close to the hammer BC than applied on mine. Which is usually opposite of what I see in bullets.

Just ordered 50 ct each of these pills for 26-06 and 7 rem mag. Will post results on load work up as son as the wifey and I can.
90 gr. Got the quarter bore, and 140's for the 7 mm.
Usually run 4831SC in the 25-06 and H1000 in the 7mm rem mag.
Any ideas as to what powder we should run ?
I.e.
maybe H4350 or Varget in the 25-06 and end 4831sc in the 7 rem mag ?