Introducing the Absolute Hammer

H100V is not temp stable but just ordered 8lbs of StaBill6.5

Well that would explain the heavy bolt lift and ejector marks on my H100V loads this weekend. I loaded them in 40 degree weather but it was up around 75 or so in the sun Saturday, they shot good though so I should still be good for deer season.

A50494C7-CF3F-4BD3-8146-48231EC3431F.jpeg

I have to admit though I do love that smoky vapor trail.
33E54F32-2E18-499F-8004-894FC7106D03.png
906DB5ED-5A85-4D57-9856-29C2C44174AD.png
979E50A0-4ED7-4390-BF47-CE9761024C71.png

Be awesome if the hammer bullet guys would pay AB to do most of their bullets...

I sent Hammer Hunter 124's to AB to be tested. A year later and no response. I think that would be a huge cost to Hammer to send every bullet type in for testing when most everyone shooting at distance is confirming drops (or darned well should be) if they're shooting game at long distance.

I sent Hammer Hunter 124's to AB to be tested. A year later and no response. I think that would be a huge cost to Hammer to send every bullet type in for testing when most everyone shooting at distance is confirming drops (or darned well should be) if they're shooting game at long distance.
I'm sure it would be spendy. I don't think anyone is saying that BC's should be right so people can zero their rifles at 100 and then go shoot at a living critter at 1000 yards. I know I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying, I have limited time. The more trips out I have to make for load development the harder it makes things, the more money it costs me, the more time it takes away from my family, the more gas, etc.... The closer those BC's are the more efficiently I can utilize my time. The more efficiently I can spend my money. The more time I have to practice at range instead of fooling around/wasting my hard earned money on fancy bullets.

I think its a reasonable request. It's not hating on the hammer guys or bashing their products. It's just asking for some better info to make my life easier.

I generally can get a solid bc number to run on in 6 shots. After I get a load, I know my velocity, as that is part of my work up, so that isn't in question. I shoot a 3 shot group at 600-800, adjust bc as needed. Then another 3 shot group at 1000-1300, fine tune as needed to make impacts match up, and pretty much done. I'll confirm it on more trips, but the trips aren't to verify bc, they are to practice with the rifle, and would be done anyway.

I generally can get a solid bc number to run on in 6 shots. After I get a load, I know my velocity, as that is part of my work up, so that isn't in question. I shoot a 3 shot group at 600-800, adjust bc as needed. Then another 3 shot group at 1000-1300, fine tune as needed to make impacts match up, and pretty much done. I'll confirm it on more trips, but the trips aren't to verify bc, they are to practice with the rifle, and would be done anyway.
Must be nice. I have to drive like 3 hrs to shoot at distance.