Interest in 338 Accubond LR?

el matador

I was just wondering when we might see some of these. I found some info from Nosler indicating they are in fact going to produce them. They were asking for input from people about preferred weight for such a bullet. Would you run these bullets, and if so what weight would you prefer?

For the bigger 338s I'd like to see something around 280 grains that would stabilize well in a 10 twist and not eat up too much case capacity. Maybe a 240 grain for the 338 Win Mags and .340s.

I would like to see 300grn for sure. I shoot there 225's, haven't tried the 250 Accubonds yet. Awesome bullet for hunting and to have something heavier, better BC for longer distance would be great. If they shoot as well as the 225's which Im sure they would it would be my go to bullet for hunting.

I would like to see something 300 to 340 grain. Problem with nosler is inflated bc numbers . they would need to get the real bc close to a g1 of .800 to compete with whats already on the market.

Yes would love to see something 300gr or bigger. As stated with real BC numbers. I'm looking at the Cuttin edge 300gr as of now for my soon to be done 338AM.

Not really interested, the current line suxs so far and has little to no availability, I do believe there is an opening for a spectacular elr hunting bullets in 338 cal but I don't believe Nosler can build it!!

Last edited:
Not really interested, the current line suxs so far and has little to no availability, I do believe there is an opening for a spectacular elr hunting bullets in 338 cal but I don't believer Nosler can build it!!

Agree. Nosler has proven they cannot make a consistent ALR and there is no reason to believe a 338 offering would have more consistency from lot to lot.

With that said, I do think they'll come out with a 338 ALR offering and my guess is it will be similar to the .308 190 & 210 offerings. Maybe a 250 and 300 grain in .338.

I don't think Nosler is after the true ELR crowd so I don't expect a big over 300 offering. The market is too small. But an ALR in the 230 - 240 range would really sell to all the guys that shoot 338 win mag and 340 weatherby.

If they only come out with a single 338 ALR I expect it would be in the 250 range.

Not really interested, the current line suxs so far and has little to no availability, I do believe there is an opening for a spectacular elr hunting bullets in 338 cal but I don't believe Nosler can build it!!

Agree. Nosler has proven they cannot make a consistent ALR and there is no reason to believe a 338 offering would have more consistency from lot to lot.

With that said, I do think they'll come out with a 338 ALR offering and my guess is it will be similar to the .308 190 & 210 offerings. Maybe a 250 and 300 grain in .338.

I don't think Nosler is after the true ELR crowd so I don't expect a big over 300 offering. The market is too small. But an ALR in the 230 - 240 range would really sell to all the guys that shoot 338 win mag and 340 weatherby.

If they only come out with a single 338 ALR I expect it would be in the 250 range.

Agreed. If there is anything you know about this line of bullets, it's that they won't be available when your ready to buy them. Working up a load can be time consuming and expensive and you use powder that might be hard to come by. Why would you commit to a bullet you can't buy? Cracks me up! The marketing people just keep on pushing this bullet and operations just won't make them and probably for good reason considering some of the reports on them. Heck, you never see the regular Accubonds available.

Seeing how long it took the other ABLRs to become available I think it will be quite some time before it becomes reality. That said if they could get an honest .720-.740 in a 300gr bullet and is consistent from lot to lot I'd very much would be interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.