Insert for Single Shot Conversion - REM 700??

royinidaho

Read about this in a post while at work. Searches have resulted in zilth. I tried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Question: There is an insert to "glue" into a REM 700 receiver that makes it a single shot.

Found 2 @ Midway:
1)ECT Remington 700 Bench Rest Follower
2)Score High Bench Rest Follower.

Neither of these sound like what I read about in I believe was a "Kirby" post.

Suggestions? Thanks...

Yes its all mentioned in Buffalobobs link. This is the best single shot insert system I have found and the only one I use. Very cost effective and high quality as well.

Kirby Allen(50)

thanks for the same recommendation a few weeks ago,it really looks sweet in that action.i'm pretty sure the # in brownells is 100-000-618 for a long action.

Buffalobob,

Thanks for the link. I searched my butt off and came up with nothing. Guess I got Brownell's and Midway confused. How'd you do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BTW wait till you see my latest Rube Goldberg thing. Its a sound suppressor for shooting big noise makers in rual residential neighborhoods (Like where I live) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sweet! Only limitation is that it requires a Holland brake to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Roy

I like single shot actions and had thought about what Dave asked many times myself. I was really interested in the answer and I learned something about the importance of stock stiffness. Being a very messy person myself, I remembered Kirby cautioning Dave about being careful with the epoxy. I had the mental picture of me doing it and having goo all over the inside and outside of the action and having to throw the whole thing away.

So I ran a search on "epoxy" in the text and "Kirby" as the poster. It popped right up.

Concerning your new contraption -Which jail should I visit you in when the Waco kids from ATF catch you with that thing on the end of your barrel?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.