Infrared temperature gun?

Nothing is uncontrolled.
Except the ACTUAL temperature of your brass....
When you want you brass to reach 750degF, let's say for 5 seconds, and using a 3600degF torch, how do you get your brass at 750degF for 5 seconds?
I don't think you do.

You get the outside of your brass way hotter than the inside, and you don't know how homogeneous the grain change ended up, especially with necks -vs- thicker shoulders -vs- even thicker body.
Your real basis seems that it's easy and you're happy enough with how it looks.
I'm glad for that, but it doesn't mean it's the best it can be.

Did you know that cases annealed at 750degF hardly change color at all? There is no zinc burning out, and the only visible temper change is difficult to detect. Another run through vibratory tumbling and you can't tell they were just annealed.
The temper change you likely see(let's say it looks like new Lapua) represents a surface exposed to considerably higher temperatures. Only Lapua did a lot of things with the brass(work hardening) after causing that, and didn't clean it up so much as Norma does. Nothing wrong with leaving it.

There is nothing wrong with happiness of torch use. But you gotta have more than cave men used it to imply dip annealing as inferior for us. It's not inferior for what we need.

Maybe an AMP can give finer control but you need more than a Lee lead pot to get results as consistent as a Giraud.
I'm sure you believe that ... but with temperature paint, you can't know your brass temperature closer than +/- 25 degrees ... and that may be close enough. It certainly is faster. But you can't claim the temperature is the same as the last time. With a Lee lead pot and a little diligence, the brass can be kept within +/- 5 degrees ... for 1/10 the cost. Immersion depth is controlled by using a simple fixture.

Don't be a troll. Your way is not the only way to produce good ammunition.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.