Information about a Winchester Model 70

Here are your stocks from B&C, This is what comes on the Extreme Weather models.
T.P.
@VALKYRIETP are you sure that is the correct stock? Just asking, because though it is post '64, its the classic model. Its a two piece floorplate and trigger guard.

Last edited:
asd9055 Good ? I have a model 70,7WSM Classic model with there #7775 stock,
mine worked with the 2 piece floorplate and trigger guard, with no mods. #7776 is listed for long action
best to call them. B&C

Phone:620-225-6688
Customer Service Hours:Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm CST

T.P.

Those are really nice stocks for the money.
I believe some of the BOSS devices, you can close the ports if you like so it is not any louder than a normal rifle.

I got a decent stock for my M70 made in the same time frame from Bell and Carlson. It has the full aluminum bedding block, and the rifle shoots great in it. I think it was 350.00 or so, new from B&C.

Thanks for the information. I get the BOSS, I just don't want a 26 inch barrel. I'm thinking more 20-22 inches. I handload so tuning loads are not a problem. HS Precision makes a stock for the Model 70. Any thoughts on those?

I'll be the odd one out and say I personally don't think the boss does a thing other than be a radial brake.

Mine loosens all the time and I stopped being so worried about it when I realized it was a full rev off and hadn't changed a thing.

Seems like another example of being fooled by noise and sample size to me, but lots of people are into them.

Thanks for the information. I get the BOSS, I just don't want a 26 inch barrel. I'm thinking more 20-22 inches. I handload so tuning loads are not a problem. HS Precision makes a stock for the Model 70. Any thoughts on those?
Your rifle, you know what you like

I'll be the odd one out and say I personally don't think the boss does a thing other than be a radial brake.

Mine loosens all the time and I stopped being so worried about it when I realized it was a full rev off and hadn't changed a thing.

Seems like another example of being fooled by noise and sample size to me, but lots of people are into them.
Can't argue with your experience. I have tried it in 11 different rifles, 10 different cartridges. It works for me.