Inform me on savage target actions vs 110

Oldschool280

hello, i have a spare barrel in 300 win doing nothing and would like to find an action to build with. I see these stainless higher price "target" actions on gunbroker for 5-800 ish. What do these actions have to offer over a standard 110 action that i can find attached to a whole rifle for 300 bucks? Thanx for the info

The savage target action is short action only as far as I know. It's a fully enclosed single shot action for full rigidity. The eject port can be either right or left depending what you like. It also comes with their target trigger which is pretty light. The 110 is a long action with the same basic internals. It comes with the standard accu trigger which is still a good trigger.

Additional information - Model 12 LRPV's, Target Series rifles and Target actions use the large shank size. The barrel nut is a little shorter in addition to larger thread diameter for the large shank. OD of the barrel nut is the same as the smaller std version (noting it should fit in the typical short action stock).

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.