In the Ear? Really???

----! Over 12 hours and no action? Everbody muss be at chirch

Or hunting. Just over 200 8:30 tonight.
image.jpeg

----! Over 12 hours and no action? Everbody muss be at chirch

Weekends can be kinda slow around here.

DJ is working on his community service hours. At this pace, he will satisfy the judge's sentence in 2038.

Pack and his lady friend are off doing things that would make Stormy Davis blush.

I've got a 2 and a 4 year old, so my weekends are filled with kids stuff.

I was supposed to go on a hunt next weekend, but forgot about the Strawberry Festival. The guy I hunt with has kids that are pretty involved with it, so I'll make calls to other outfitters tomorrow.

I hate to change the subject or hijack the thread, but in the videos, how does one get in one of those hunts and,,,,,what kind of weaponry is being used?

The weapons range from .223 and up, although DJ swears you cannot kill a hog with a .223 unless you use the gun to beat the hog to death. I've got .308's and an assortment on 6mms I use. Optics can run as much as a new car, so it just depends on your interest level and your wallet.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want some more info.

Many people think of DJ as a knuckle dragging, crayon eating hobo, but when he is sober, he can shoot with the best of them. He is also a good source of info.

Many people think of DJ as a knuckle dragging, crayon eating hobo, but when he is sober, he can shoot with the best of them. He is also a good source of info.

But so far that has only happened twice this year so far!

Pack and his lady friend are off doing things that would make Stormy Davis blush

We're just fun lovin, Sexy senior citizens and NO DJ, no pictures!

Actually having trouble getting the Win Model 12 Blued. Have been using Blue Wonder Black for years, but think I got a bad or old bottle this time. Usually when I put it on the hot metal it turns almost instant black. Couple extra coats and it just gleams. This time, barely any color at all. thought at first that I had oil still in the metal pores, so boiled all the metal parts again, water came out clean, and cleaned it every way but Sunday, and the Bluing still doesn't want to take! Only time I ever had trouble before like this, the metal pores weren't clean. Not this time, but I have a new bottle on the way so will see what happens.

Some types of steel it won't work on, but they are new formulations or coatings in steel. This is Winchester Proof Steel from 1939, and never had problems before with Proof Steel!

OK, I've got bridges to burn and people to do, so may check back later!
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

johnboy, i'm currently using a 300 ham'r ar15 with trijicon thermal scope, external dvr. gotta have a contact with places that have hogs on crops for the wide open assault... or pay a guide/outfitter who has the land locked up. guides will usually have the gun and thermal scopes.

hatrack, what lp test line did you use?

scrammy, you could almost be a correspondent... cept you don't no a damm thing bout correspondin!!

patty crack, time to turn the gun over to someone hoo noze wat ther doin

Packrat, time to turn the gun over to someone hoo noze wat ther doin

Got the new blue/black this morning! Worked like a charm. The old stuff WAS bad, contacted the Manuf. and they are replacing it. I do know what I am doing, and would say that I've probably restored more old guns than you own, but I kind of doubt it! So far on this thread alone, I've seen you with 9 different rifles. Wouldn't surprise me if you had a Howitzer. Sure wish you would start shooting something with them though!

Nice setup in the picture, but where's the hogs? BTW, is that a .223? From the size of the hole in the end of that suppressor, doesn't look to be a very large caliber! 6.5?

Sure glad you stopped posting your picture when you post. Was giving Kids and some of the more puss......delicate LRH members Nightmares!
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

DJ started his own organization called DAMM! That's Drunks Against Mad Mothers!

bwaahahahahaha. pic of the year!!

feather that thing or it will backlash at the rong time and get you kilt!!

got a goat hunt coming up. dusting off the day gun. doesn't get much use so making sure it's dialed in. 6.5 creed. still have a bunch of the 140gr amaxs stock piled from b4 they came out with the new tips.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.