In the Ear? Really???

buttratt.. wanna hear something funny? shambler was so po'ed with me taking advantage of his sheep.. wait till he finds out what i did with his goat!!!

lpzcAJNZkD09XZGnQDQ_cU6E9jzp52Iw5973S5t7yJb5Oz1IUyLP9V-RGlRsNHTZSwS8kxSZvOUqsk8Ey6PeM3Q3LSPKb63CZf_JkgoGavI7Fxr1Tz6rS3M8NRqfJzzuS7nM_KDJVsT0IZR5NpaaP6oaWMOG_YkOvwE-Y_Vq0ubJgfdrThpA-WqlotbvDsADm6f8IVf3SwZXjNQQVxBgILCVt10axrUuy6jX9tCapkBt3g4RUJ9jrPB80eUkcVAnVLP0jSz35AfjbIe49DzJdeL2aOKQXHq-8tnURCz2maG25g7T-7EG1yp3uaKfuaH8LkhwuRzPOAGiMkAPRcdOz2AQXDI-TTCYQ6_bDNBB8cRHxNoGPFckzQfeTiyJxvm8QQ8rNoQPE__7xaUhNuH5u5ngFwdiWqdPvMF9GYggCUmYrhg_gC0Ket9kxWO8XnI0UDSJQ6T9uc4sREv8jf_FQnnLSdvx8LJWaBSYTtzaOxFr9eN2NzCxwchc9Xqyw7-UZYnOR6ftGAhUJ0S74QfDyyerV8nqtMGqePukZXfzgjjRh0uJ7qQ_eEdAAjto0Ui0OaEp9hRowu30KSFvkR5BI2LNzGHviEbqR0AH_fhq7Y0NpqA2y3I-s-yJ1jmQKVtgRYVZsxOP8AhmLVHuIbnk-r9IzDdIFjQ=w895-h607-no

DJ, just from the picture and the smile, who is doing what to whom? Sort of looks like the goat is doing the pitching and you're catching! Probably a good thing the picture doesn't go down lower, I've never even heard of that being done on a Motorcycle! Never too old to learn, I guess, but in retrospect, I don't really think I'd really want to watch!

Love the way it is nuzzling your ear! Let me guess, her name is Baaaambi?
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

There is no time like the present to start procrastinating!

I'd actually take you up on that. Only if you would go hunt with me. But he can keep his ar. Part of the fun is using the rifles we build. Plus would give me a great excuse to get the thermal I've been eyeing instead of and ultra light .338 lapua improved. As if I need another lapua.

Snox, agreed! He probably outfits everyone with a .223! If you guys do go hunting together, I have to warn you not to get anywhere near the front of djones once he starts firing! The score so far, excluding hogs, is 28 cows, 3 dogs, two sheep and a Donkey. If it moves, he'll shoot it! Don't be moving around even close to in front of him, even off to the side!

You no shooting guys just crack me up! Sure wish I had thermal and video to show you how the real farmers and rednecks do it! Looks like y'all shoot 10-20 times to kill 1 little ol pig! We like to shoot once or twice and kill ten or twenty! Have 2 have u guys come visit sometime-- just haven't got a safe place to lock up my livestock yet!!!

Mustang72, Heck that ain't nothin, back when, DJ unlimbered his punt gun, he took out 36 hogs in one bunch. The only problem with that was his homemade suppressor for the thing fell off and he woke up folks, and broke windows in 4 counties with the blast! He had Homeland security show up thinking we were being invaded by terrorists. They seemed kind of disappointed he wasn't wearing a suicide vest and I can sympathize with them there! They didn't quibble about taking some of that pork home though, I noticed!

I can also understand your feeling about locking up the livestock when he's around!

Anything less than 1500 acres isn't a farm, it's a hobby!...Packrat 6

Last edited:
I prob won't make it back to Texas till this fall. Have a sika hunt bought at the Y.O. ranch and know the ranch manager fairly well. So gonna try and get on some cull hunting also.
Starting to build a new home this summer with it also being my busy time of year. So I'm gonna have a very unfortunate year when it come to hunting. But the wife said I can't do anything till we get a new house so that had to happen. Catch 22 is this crappy little house that is paid for is how I afford to play.

I'd actually take you up on that. Only if you would go hunt with me. But he can keep his ar. Part of the fun is using the rifles we build. Plus would give me a great excuse to get the thermal I've been eyeing instead of and ultra light .338 lapua improved. As if I need another lapua.

I found an outfitter in Fredericksburg. I'll send you his info on Monday when I get back to work.

Cool. I'm hoping the new house doesn't eat up to much money and I am spend some. Time down this year. Bought the sika on auction cheap enough and the manager used to be the guy we dealt with at the star s ranch and was super cool and fair with use. He moved over to the Y.O. and was nice enough to donate a sika hunt for sci so I bought it and gonna try that place. They think I'm weird cause I don't care what trophy animals I take I just do that to hunt hogs. They don't sell hog hunts but you can shoot them if you buy an exotic.

Screwed up, tried to delete this post and somehow it didn't take. Well Duh, back to the basics.

Ignore this post and move on. Again, tried to delete it and it didn't work.

Shucks and a few other un-nice words!

Last edited:
View attachment 127614
Pack, No built in scale. We have one we hang on there when we want to know. Zen Archery has emailed me a measure around the chest approximate weight chart and it is pretty darn close.

Having trouble with LRH, The site deleted my entire message, and my little packrat symbol, so will give up for tonight and check back tomorrow.

Good night!

Last edited:
View attachment 127614
Pack, No built in scale. We have one we hang on there when we want to know. Zen Archery has emailed me a measure around the chest approximate weight chart and it is pretty darn close.

Hatrick, I looked at the scale that Zen Archery sent you and it seems fine for Florida hogs, but only the last two items would be applicable to Texas Hogs. you realize of course that things are bigger and better in Texas! big grin.gif

On a serious note, since my lady friends adult kids have all moved on, One to CA, one to New Mexico, she has agreed that since we don't have anything keeping us here and no relatives anywhere close, that we can start looking for a house in Texas, or New Mexico. One stipulation though. It has to be close to water and the Gulf and East Texas areas have too much humidity. That means a lake somewhere. Anyone know of a good sized lake somewhere in Western Texas? We are checking out the Armistad Reservoir area on this next trip, but my Brother says that Del Rio is not a place we would want to live even though it is close to the ranch!

Any suggestions appreciated unless from djones! I can imagine his suggestion now!

BBL

Anything less than 1500 acres isn't a farm, it's a hobby!...Packrat 6

Amistad is nice. I go down there pretty regular. Never had any problems while in Del Rio. It is a federal lake though so there are some different rules of you plan to build on the lake.

I love hunting Florida though. It's so thick compared to Texas. I love hunting. Both but Florida hogs are one of my favorite. They just got to expensive. I've even looked at buying land in Texas or Florida. But I may have hit the jackpot with a friend from LA. He has access to some farms and I offered to supply the feeders and corn so all I have to do is show up.
Hoping it works out. It's north so not to far away a from me.

I 've never seen or looked for pigs when I m down there. Sure they're around though. Been to busy fishing or looking at all the deer and adaoud!

Amistad is nice. I go down there pretty regular. Never had any problems while in Del Rio. It is a federal lake though so there are some different rules of you plan to build on the lake.

I liked the area when I stayed there after my last trip to the ranch. Lots of hogs just Southeast along the river because of the pecan groves and agriculture along the river and at one time the Farmers were begging for hunters to get rid of the hogs because they were attacking their field hands. Don't know about now, but the ranch is only about 30 - 40 miles East around Uvaldi! Also, from the Residential ads, housing is relatively cheap compared to Tucson! Don't plan to be right on the lake, just close.

I've never seen or looked for pigs when I m down there. Sure they're around though. Been to busy fishing or looking at all the deer and adaoud!

There are Hogs around and I can always head East to the ranch if going through withdrawals. Fishing is a plus! Access to where the pigs are can be a problem if you don't know people.

I almost bought land 40 min north easy of del rio a month back. Never been to that area but had hogs so I was in.

You must have been looking around between Del Rio and Sonora and there are hogs there. There are more where there is agriculture, like up around djones area, but there are hogs everywhere throughout that area. And lots and lots of whitetails! Both are just more concentrated around the ag areas! Since you like to hunt so much, why build a new house. Pack up and move down closer to the hunting areas. From what I remember, you're so far north you're not even sure you're not a Canadian!

As I've gotten older, my standards have lowered. Even to the point I'm considering moving to Texas!...Packrat 6

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.