In the Ear? Really???

Hatrick, I like that Truck mounted Viking winch arrangement you have mounted out of what looks like the trailer hitch. Nice! Built-in Scale?

I once had a Wench that was truck mounted, but better not tell that story here!
41149-a432c823d5071b98b3691a8c1814bc84.jpg

Nissan had to create an artificial butt to test car's seats after they received so many complaints about their seats! True fact! I suspect they used djones head as a model!

Man I sure do miss being in the south and hunting hogs. Everything is closed here right now. Turkey opens soon but those don't do much for me. I just shoot them because they are everywhere here.

image.png
Hatrick, I like that Truck mounted Viking winch arrangement you have mounted out of what looks like the trailer hitch. Nice! Built-in Scale?

I once had a Wench that was truck mounted, but better not tell that story here!

Nissan had to create an artificial butt to test car's seats after they received so many complaints about their seats! True fact! I suspect they used djones head as a model!

Pack, No built in scale. We have one we hang on there when we want to know. Zen Archery has emailed me a measure around the chest approximate weight chart and it is pretty darn close.

zen stuffs blankets on the hogs hidden side when using the tape method.

snot.. i know a guy that will put on the hogs in the panhandle. $400/hunter, 2 hunter min. he supplies the ar with thermal and 40 rounds. all night hunt. i don't know anyone crazy enuf to spend that much dough killing hogs, but i mite go with you just cuz i'm an idiot.

prickrat.. i sent pm's to everyone with a link to the vid. sorry if you dint get one

Man I sure do miss being in the south and hunting hogs. Everything is closed here right now. Turkey opens soon but those don't do much for me. I just shoot them because they are everywhere here.

Snox, see if you can work a trade with DJ. you send him a couple of Turkeys and he'll send you a couple of Hogs! Oh, I guess DJ already is already so much of a turkey he would be committing fratricide! Must be tough on him at Thanksgiving!

Packrat.. i sent pm's to everyone with a link to the vid. sorry, but it was so heavily Photo shopped I didn't think you'd be interested

DJ, you were right for a change. I don't need to see any more Photo Shopped videos of you killing 46 hogs and then only posting the pictures of 3 actual dead ones! I am totally amazed that you have gotten good enough to show them flipping in the air! Pretty soon you will have them doing Half Gainers or a back flip with twist!

There is no time like the present to start procrastinating!

buttratt.. wanna hear something funny? shambler was so po'ed with me taking advantage of his sheep.. wait till he finds out what i did with his goat!!!

lpzcAJNZkD09XZGnQDQ_cU6E9jzp52Iw5973S5t7yJb5Oz1IUyLP9V-RGlRsNHTZSwS8kxSZvOUqsk8Ey6PeM3Q3LSPKb63CZf_JkgoGavI7Fxr1Tz6rS3M8NRqfJzzuS7nM_KDJVsT0IZR5NpaaP6oaWMOG_YkOvwE-Y_Vq0ubJgfdrThpA-WqlotbvDsADm6f8IVf3SwZXjNQQVxBgILCVt10axrUuy6jX9tCapkBt3g4RUJ9jrPB80eUkcVAnVLP0jSz35AfjbIe49DzJdeL2aOKQXHq-8tnURCz2maG25g7T-7EG1yp3uaKfuaH8LkhwuRzPOAGiMkAPRcdOz2AQXDI-TTCYQ6_bDNBB8cRHxNoGPFckzQfeTiyJxvm8QQ8rNoQPE__7xaUhNuH5u5ngFwdiWqdPvMF9GYggCUmYrhg_gC0Ket9kxWO8XnI0UDSJQ6T9uc4sREv8jf_FQnnLSdvx8LJWaBSYTtzaOxFr9eN2NzCxwchc9Xqyw7-UZYnOR6ftGAhUJ0S74QfDyyerV8nqtMGqePukZXfzgjjRh0uJ7qQ_eEdAAjto0Ui0OaEp9hRowu30KSFvkR5BI2LNzGHviEbqR0AH_fhq7Y0NpqA2y3I-s-yJ1jmQKVtgRYVZsxOP8AhmLVHuIbnk-r9IzDdIFjQ=w895-h607-no

zen stuffs blankets on the hogs hidden side when using the tape method.

snot.. i know a guy that will put on the hogs in the panhandle. $400/hunter, 2 hunter min. he supplies the ar with thermal and 40 rounds. all night hunt. i don't know anyone crazy enuf to spend that much dough killing hogs, but i mite go with you just cuz i'm an idiot.

prickrat.. i sent pm's to everyone with a link to the vid. sorry if you dint get one

I'd actually take you up on that. Only if you would go hunt with me. But he can keep his ar. Part of the fun is using the rifles we build. Plus would give me a great excuse to get the thermal I've been eyeing instead of and ultra light .338 lapua improved. As if I need another lapua.

snotty.. i'll pm you his number. i think he has lodging too. i know hes booked everyday except 5 in april, and he's not taking any more hunters, which is too bad because they will probably start planting peanuts in early april. hopefully there will be hogs left whenever he can fit us in.

You no shooting guys just crack me up! Sure wish I had thermal and video to show you how the real farmers and rednecks do it! Looks like y'all shoot 10-20 times to kill 1 little ol pig! We like to shoot once or twice and kill ten or twenty! Have 2 have u guys come visit sometime-- just haven't got a safe place to lock up my livestock yet!!!

Last edited:
oh yea.. i forgot the excuses... i had to swerve off the road and slam on the brakes in the middle of hay grazer stalks. no time to get a rest. that was all freehand while stumbling around and occasionally getting a foot back in the truck to tap the brakes. as you can see, no time to even nuc the scope.

and... i just might have an extra rifle with a thermal scope. :D

Would love the thermal! Seriously you guys should invest more in gps and less on thermal!--- That way you don't have to worry about anything but shooting til it's time to turn around again !

Rest! Brakes? What the Hay?!!! You guys need sum lessons! Don't need no brakes - just a little extra gas when the hood gets in the way of the bullet -that way u can run one over while ur shooting his buddies! The rest is the mirror - it comes factory in most trucks-but I 'll give you a brake - a goat mite have knocked it off trying to get away when the the shooting or Whatever started!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.