In Stock @ Midway

I spent 3 hours from 6am to 9am waiting in line at Sportsman's Warehouse to get primers and a pound of powder. That I can understand for a shortage and it was fun with everyone talking to each other, just wish there was more different powders! Only was allowed 1 lb! Whine!

Why the widespread hatred of gunbroker on here? Their customer service is a pain and the way they changed the searches is damned annoying, but the one time I needed them for a fraud issue, they came thru and I have gotten some great deals on guns over the yrs. They don't set the prices and their fees are far less than half of the likes of ebay or 1/4 of or less than these auction houses that charge 15-20% on top buyer's fees.
I've got no issues with the site itself. I've always had good luck with it. Nobody likes to see the price gouging that takes place on GB. That is the sellers though, not the site. Blaming GB for high prices is like trying to blame Remington for Sandy Hook. Pretty **** foolish if you ask me.

I spent 3 hours from 6am to 9am waiting in line at Sportsman's Warehouse to get primers and a pound of powder. That I can understand for a shortage and it was fun with everyone talking to each other, just wish there was more different powders! Only was allowed 1 lb! Whine!
I'd stand in line for a brick of primers at this point. But it better be at a normal price.

It sure is a treasure hunt. Some need it more than I do and vice-versa. If it wasn't for the financial insecurities at my job, I'd buy more. I need to worry more about keeping a roof over my families head, then worry about stocking up even more on components. I have enough to get through a year or two, others need some help.
This. I'd put as much on a credit card as I could, but then I gotta worry about that! For now, I'll save my pennies and hope that things go back to normal. Then I'll try to be better about preparing for this kind of situation without buying a tractor trailer load of crap all at one time.

I find it interesting, just look at the prices G.B are charging. I will wait for the prices come down. The other is prices are coming down @ Midway and others for there ammo. It's still a way to high. For 5.56 they are about $1.25 per round over two years ago. It's still a rip off.

If I decided it's a good time to unload a few extra things I have around, and say that's a brick of 215m's and don't ask a price just put in the add "make me an offer" and someone offers me 150 bucks for it, should I tell them I want 40 bucks or take the 150?
Does taking the 150 make me the problem? Or does offering the 150 make him the problem?

Guys Gun Broker now has declared them self's a tax collector on all sales they will collect sales tax on every thing that is sold or bought on there site no mater what state. Unless you have a tax exemption from your state and can prove it. I have FFL and tax exemption since 1977, they are still have not approved our app.

I have been trying for several months to find certain powders and most of all 7mm 140 gr Accubonds. To make a long story short, I located a gunsmith in west central Georgia thru a happenstance meeting. He is 82 years old and has a shop next to his house. Called him on the phone and he was first class and was willing to hold a few products for me without any type of payment. I would have left that day but was having shoulder surgery the next. Yesterday I drove 3 hours and met him at his shed/shop. I was trying to think when the last time I had a smile on my face that lasted for almost a day. My wife was amazed as she insisted on driving. I ended up with 3 lbs of IMR 4350, 8 lbs of RL 22, 3 boxes of Nosler 7mm 140 gr Accubonds, 2 boxes of Nosler 7mm 120 gr Ballistic Tips, 2 thousand large rifle primers, and 2 thousand large rifle magnum primers. The only elevated price were the primers and wasn't bad. I left 2 of my rifles there to be worked on and is holding a few more valuable items. What a great day! I've had so much problems attaining these products and finally paydirt. Just wanted to share and encourage to keep at it!

If I decided it's a good time to unload a few extra things I have around, and say that's a brick of 215m's and don't ask a price just put in the add "make me an offer" and someone offers me 150 bucks for it, should I tell them I want 40 bucks or take the 150?
Does taking the 150 make me the problem? Or does offering the 150 make him the problem?
The going rate brought more out of storage/hiding. Unhindered economics at work is a beautiful thing!

Ive been in this situation many times selling used items or old stock/overstock items. I've sold off lots of guns and supplies from estates, our family has recently sold off quite a bit of our excess collection, etc. I also owned a bow shop and dealt with quite a bit of trading/used stock as well.

I would tell you to go with your gut instinct if somebody offers you more than you are expecting. There are some folks out there happy to pay a high price for items, perhaps they would prefer to help you out with some extra pocket cash. On the other hand, there are lots of folks who are offering more than a fair price because they need it and don't want it to slip away. Then, there's the scalpers who don't care what they get it for if the can make 2-3 times profit, and quite a bit of that business is shady as well.

Go with your gut.

This is the problem with "selling" vs trading. I really prefer to trade hard to find items for other hard to find items. This serves as a value protection to me. I don't mind helping someone out, but I don't want to sell a brick of primers to someone for 40 bucks because "I'm a good guy" and then have them just turn around and triple their money. If I trade a 40.00 brick of primers, for 40.00 worth of retumbo, I didn't overpay and he didn't overpay. We both have a product that is probably worth 3 times it's retail value in this market, but neither one of us is getting one over on the other.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.