In Stock @ Midway

nmbarta said:
If I decided it's a good time to unload a few extra things I have around, and say that's a brick of 215m's and don't ask a price just put in the add "make me an offer" and someone offers me 150 bucks for it, should I tell them I want 40 bucks or take the 150?
Does taking the 150 make me the problem? Or does offering the 150 make him the problem?

Charge a bit below what the going rate at you local gun store. If he is way over the going rate he is the problem. OTOH newbes don't have the history you have and are OK paying more.....re. Starbucks for a cup of coffee. LOL

Why the widespread hatred of gunbroker on here? Their customer service is a pain and the way they changed the searches is damned annoying, but the one time I needed them for a fraud issue, they came thru and I have gotten some great deals on guns over the yrs. They don't set the prices and their fees are far less than half of the likes of ebay or 1/4 of or less than these auction houses that charge 15-20% on top buyer's fees.
Bought myself a 340 Wby about 4 months ago. It is heavy, has a fluted stainless barrel with a brake, and sits in a synthetic stock. Took me about two months to order and receive enough stuff to load up some 225 gr TTSX Barnes bullets with a full load of 7828, and then my wife fell and broke five bones in her left foot and two in her left ankle while also managing to severely sprain her right ankle. Needless to say, I have yet to shoot my new 340 Wby. So, I was just wondering; Do you think I am going to like it?

Purchased several guns over the years and been very happy.
Some time ago I purchased a rifle that was a bait and switch.
Thought I would be protected by gunbroker but that is not the case.
All they said was "too bad, try to work it out with the seller".
I have never and will never use them again.

Pricing is crazy, GB isn't the issue. Went to a guns show on Friday. A $1 a round for 45acp & 40 S&W. $60 to $80 a pound on pounder and the funny thing is they were in metal cans from the 70s, very little newer plastic jugs. Also, primers $200 a brick. Now while I do believe in capitalism, I do not believe in gouging!

Why the widespread hatred of gunbroker on here? Their customer service is a pain and the way they changed the searches is damned annoying, but the one time I needed them for a fraud issue, they came thru and I have gotten some great deals on guns over the yrs. They don't set the prices and their fees are far less than half of the likes of ebay or 1/4 of or less than these auction houses that charge 15-20% on top buyer's fees.
Sounds like your experience(s) are the exception rather than the rule and your one-off good experience where their CS helped you is in sharp contrast to the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of negative reviews.
I'm happy you got a favorable resolution but again they seem to have a CS organization that shares face-time with CTD insofar as they are worse than stomping out flaming dog crap with bare feet.
But maybe that's just me.
PS, I will NEVER do business with CTD for the rest of my days!
As for GB, well, I've not done much business with/through them so I'll reserve judgment for the time being. But I don't have a Warm/Fuzzy just thinking about that day. Brrrrr.

Sounds like your experience(s) are the exception rather than the rule and your one-off good experience where their CS helped you is in sharp contrast to the HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of negative reviews.
I'm happy you got a favorable resolution but again they seem to have a CS organization that shares face-time with CTD insofar as they are worse than stomping out flaming dog crap with bare feet.
But maybe that's just me.
PS, I will NEVER do business with CTD for the rest of my days!
As for GB, well, I've not done much business with/through them so I'll reserve judgment for the time being. But I don't have a Warm/Fuzzy just thinking about that day. Brrrrr.

Purchased several guns over the years and been very happy.
Some time ago I purchased a rifle that was a bait and switch.
Thought I would be protected by gunbroker but that is not the case.
All they said was "too bad, try to work it out with the seller".
I have never and will never use them again.
My wife had a terrible experience with GB. She won on her first gb purchase a nice colt pistol. The seller was fraudulent. So my wife took steps through GB to reclaim her money. All of witch is under gb own policy's . So after all the bs that she had to go through, ATF, police reports, GB, (I would have given up a long time ago!!) and Thats what gb counts on!!!!!! After jumping through all the hoops she finally got reimbursement minus 100.00 . You could not pay me any amount to go through all that she did! My hats off to her!

My wife had a terrible experience with GB. She won on her first gb purchase a nice colt pistol. The seller was fraudulent. So my wife took steps through GB to reclaim her money. All of witch is under gb own policy's . So after all the bs that she had to go through, ATF, police reports, GB, (I would have given up a long time ago!!) and Thats what gb counts on!!!!!! After jumping through all the hoops she finally got reimbursement minus 100.00 . You could not pay me any amount to go through all that she did! My hats off to her!
Forgot to mention it took about a year in a half!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.