In expensive inclinometer?

robbor

What can be used to determing incline without spending 100 on a cosine gauge. I trying to stay away from hanging a plumb bob also. I was thinking of and arched bubble level. What do you guys use?

Hopefully within the next 30 days, I will be using a Leupold RX-IV range finder. It has a built in inclinometer.

JD338

Send it to me, Ill field test it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. As long as u pay for it then it would be cheap to me.

What you need is

Buffalobob's Pythagorean gravitational Vector Analyzer

I am having Ealy Summer Discount sale at the current time so I can get you a good price.

seriosly, this stupid thing takes 30 minutes to make and cost maybe 15 cents. It doesn't break, it doesn't get misaligned. It is accurate enough for shots to about 1500yds. You will need a small cheat sheet of angles and drop factors to be put with your drop tables.

I know the picture is not very clear, being as it was taken with a disposable camera. But if you want to make one just email me and I will talk you through any minor points.

Robbor

You want to avoid the cut rate el cheapo's made by my competitor Roy in Idaho. They are far inferior and have not been field tested .

I missed that topic a while back. You are really on to something there. Major problem... I don't think they sell that type of spread up where I live. Do I have to make a special trip across the U.S. border and do some dumpster-diving to get one of those lids? Any idea how much deviation I would get if I use an ordinary margarine brand lid?
I have to say that the instrument Roy designed looks more techie than yours, maybe he is onto something. Not sure how effective his field test was, would appear the deer got to keep his steaks and hamburger. Must be tough to be a brilliant designer having so much competition - sort of like Bill Gates must feel. The one with the big scope blows me away - that is space-age thinking there - must be some serious bucks involved - probably the government has tied that one by now.

Also, very disappointed that Dave King did not show us his stuff - he has been known to out-think some of the best optics designers on the planet with his distortionless scopes and universal mounting system etc. Must have been too busy planning new rifles (hand-cannons?!?).

I just got a Bushnell 1500 ARC last week, guess I will send it back since your instrument looks so much easier to work with. Pretty worried about that lid issue tho.

Aw, jeez fellas.....a little slack pleez.

The thing worked quite well but the largest value was 0.94 and 540 yds. Value was 0.0 at really long distances were there were deer which I couldn't shoot due to some orange in the scope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yup, the teeny weeny 2x2 kept the steakes but it wasn't me doin' the shootin' at the grand distance of 110 yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.