IMR 8133?

I've shot a lot of H-1000 and Retumbo and have had very good results from both. 7828 is also a go-to powder.

I'm pretty sure 8133 is not Retumbo, for you powder conspirators.View attachment 89271
Well based on the photographic evidence they've obviously just darkened retumbo and added copper eliminator.:D

Well, when these guys get around to testing it, they do chemical breakdowns along with close up images.
http://www.ilrc.ucf.edu/powders/search.php

Since you have some 8133, have you tried it? I have a 28 Nosler and I am thinking of giving it a try.
I'm doing load work up on another rifle and have a 300 wm coming in Feb, so it may be awhile before I try the 8133 in the 7stw. I will post it up when I get some data. Hodgdon shows 8133 is about 150 fps faster than the Retumbo w/180 gr, in the STW, if I remember correctly.

7 STW data and 28 Nosler data should be fairly close. Would love to try the 8133 right away, but my brain only lets me mess with one rifle at a time.

Anyone know how the IMR 8133 will stack up against the RL33? Can't find a chart anywhere that has both 8133 and RL33 on it. Looking to use it in a 28 Nosler that is freebored to take the 195 Berger EOLs.

Anyone know how the IMR 8133 will stack up against the RL33? Can't find a chart anywhere that has both 8133 and RL33 on it. Looking to use it in a 28 Nosler that is freebored to take the 195 Berger EOLs.
If you have a chart with RL33 and Retumbo it should be close.The man at the IMR booth at the Shot Show said the 8133 was made to be the IMR'S version of Retumbo

I got a few lbs of this powder on the way. I intend to do work up with Berger 175 Elite's and the 175 ELDX and see how it goes in my 7mm RM.

I got some great accuracy out of 68gr of 8133 and the 175 Berger in my 7mm RM. Sub .5" groups at 100yds across 3 different seat depths. I didn't chrono the loads though and my rifle is getting a new stock put on it. Once I get it back, I have some rounds worked up that I will run over the magnetospeed and start gathering some data.

I just started working with it in my stock 300 RUM with 180 grain bullets but I dont have enough data yet to share anything.

I'm pretty sure these Enduron powders are different than the H1000 and Retumbo powders.

The IMR7977E powder has a larger kernel size than H1000, and in my gun (7 SAUM) the 7977 shows pressure sooner than H1000.

I look forward to trying some IMR8133E in my 300RUM (I've only shot Retumbo in it so far).

Recent Posts