IMR 8133?

For all you Fitters here, when I used to fit rifle barrels, I would say, "I'm working on some high pressure piping"

It's now available at midsouth. Going to try it in my 6.5 saum, 7mm lrm, and 300 norma improved that being built.

Mid South has it listed as on backorder.
I'd like to see how this works in my 30-28 Nosler with a 230 Berger

Kris

What does your barrel push 215s and 230s at now with what powders and what is the barrel length? I'm hoping for my needs the 8133 will replace 33 since it is temp stable and it can be had in 8lb jugs at a reasonable price unlike n570.

The only original IMR powder I hope they keep, is the IMR 7828 and 7828 SSC. I don't use anything faster than that in the IMR lineup. Faster powders, I use Hodgdon Varget and CFE 223. For my revolvers and .300 BLK I use H110 and Alliant Power Pro 300-MP.

I feel the same way about IMR 4350. It'a a beautiful thing in the "ole '06 and the '06 is the pickup truck of rifle calibers.

I feel the same way about IMR 4350. It'a a beautiful thing in the "ole '06 and the '06 is the pickup truck of rifle calibers.
Being that I never started out with a standard Springfield, I built a .30-06 AI, I decided to give 7828 SSC a try stuffed behind a Berger 185 VLD, and with Rem brass (free range pickups :D) and Fed 210M primers, it's like magic. I'm compressed loading, but it's pushing those 185's at nearly 3,000 FPS MV in a 26" barrel. So it's putting the ****er on a .300WM at those speeds. LOL I can't wait till I find gainful employment again, and I can order some of those new Berger .30 180 Elite Hunters. I bet those are going to be magic in the ole '06 AI. BUT!!! I'm also thinking that I might just go ahead and order a 1:10 barrel blank, and chamber it to .300 Sherman... Or a Proof CF 1:8 twist 7mm blank and build a .280 Sherman for the perfect all-around lightweight packable and LR capable deer rig to push the Berger 175 Elite Hunters.

But the .30-06 AI shoots so good as-is, I might just leave it alone and build a completely new rifle in .280 Sherman...

For now, it's all up in the air till I get some more money.

I'm looking to try it in my 7saum with Berger 175 elite hunters. I've been out with loads of RL23 using the 175eh, but it's been cold, and I've been busy.

I'm looking to try it in my 7saum with Berger 175 elite hunters. I've been out with loads of RL23 using the 175eh, but it's been cold, and I've been busy.
rl26 is a great powder for the saum sized cases, h1000 should give good velocity as well.

I'm leaning towards temp stable powder to work with not just top velocity so RL 26 isn't really my bag. I have H1000, I'm just intrigued by the 8133 as it's showing top velocity in 280AI loads on Hodgdons site. Basically the same case capacity as 7SAUM.

What does your barrel push 215s and 230s at now with what powders and what is the barrel length? I'm hoping for my needs the 8133 will replace 33 since it is temp stable and it can be had in 8lb jugs at a reasonable price unlike n570.

I haven't finalized a load but I have got 3100 with the 215 hybrid and RL26. For the 230 Hybrid I was getting 2820 with RL26 and a little better group so I made it my temp hunting load. I have not run the RL33 yet but did pick some up. I just haven't been able to find info for a starting load. I have played with Retumbo trying to find a max load and need to shoot a few more as I have not hit pressure. it was shooting good though with Velocity near the RL26. I've noticed great grouping with just about anything that I shoot out of it.
My barrel is 27"ish if I remember correctly.
My smith basically did the build and I took the gun to hunt deer season. I took it back for him to do the finish work on the stock. Basically a gel coat and paint job. When I get it back I will start working on loads again. I have almost everything I need to build my own brass from Bertram brass. I have 3 cases built to experiment with and I'm hoping it works out to be able to push a little more with better brass life. I'm also going to try the HBN coating on barrel and bullets. Basically I like to tinker.
I'll definitely try some of this 8133 powder in it just to try it.
Kris

I have thought about forming some of the 338 edge Bertram brass I have down to 30 Nosler. But someone pointed out to me the Bertram brass is thick and will have less capacity. Velocitys will probably be about the same but brass life would be much better. So it's just up to you whether it's worth the effort or not. 8133 should produce top velocitys with the 230s I just hope it's as temp stable as they claim.