IMR 7828 sc, IMR 4831, IMR 4350 is it temp sensative

jotrot

If I was to work up a load in the warmer months has anybody notice changes in the winter with them.
These powders are always available.

Thanks

If I was to work up a load in the warmer months has anybody notice changes in the winter with them.
These powders are always available.

Thanks
I have no experience with imr4831 (oddly enough. No real reason why) . However I can tell you imr4350 is fairly sensitive. I can also tell you imr7828 ssc or regular cut is not completely insensitive but is not bad either.

7828 is one of my all time favorites. Readily available, predictable with high performance.
Velocity + precision and accuracy = a happy hunting rifle.

IMR 4350 by the chart below is the least temp sensitive of your three powders listed.
"BUT" if you look at the Hodgdon's Extreme powders you will see much lower numbers.
33XPgx3.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a friend who writes for national magazines who has done extensive testing on this subject during a very cold Northeast winter and he told me that the difference is very negligible.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts