Importance of Primer

I'm not entirely sure how to ask this question. I'm new and trying to find primers. The ideal situation would be to find the ones used in the load data I'm looking at, but the odds are against me finding the same ones for sale at this moment. If the load data is using a large rifle primer, does it really matter which large rifle primer I use? Does magnum vs standard, or CCI vs Winchester, or benchrest vs standard really matter?
You can tell the difference between a cake made with butter and cream and one made with water and oil, they both are cakes !

So here's a dumb question:
With the primer shortage, somebody is gonna try swapping a magnum large pistol primer for a large rifle magnum primer. Or a large pistol for a large rifle.
What will happen?
Somebody actually asked me this and I had no answer.
It never occurred to me?!?

With the primer shortage take what you can get mag or standard and work up your load . If you have a choice then that's a different story , sometimes mag primers versus standard primers , vice versa , it's part of a load development of what works best accuracy , velocity , ES ,etc .etc.

It's making it hard on everybody in getting primers, powders, case, and bullets presently. I've been watching for Win Primers. Some different powders. I have added to my stock in some powders, and only one in primers in a year. Some of that because I wouldn't pay the price. Answer your question. It important to have different primers on hand if possible. "As you can see there can be a lot of different in just primers. The reloading manuals give you a base to start with. If changing primers, reduce the powder load. If stepping up to Mag primer you need to reduce that powder load by at lease 5% to start with. You need to read the primer to tell you what going on. It's can be a problem if you can't . Some say that flatten primers doesn't tell you are on the edge of over pressuring, but I feel different about that too. So I stop at flatten primers. The next is generally ejector marks and created primers. You are way over at that time. I do work my load up by increasing my powder load, and or primer change. Each time I reduce my powder load, and start up again. If you are shooting a belted mag, like 300 WN. You can increase you load by about .5gr each time until you hit that pressure point. In the 60gr area and below about .2gr increase. Other than that you work on a ladder test. Shooting 5 round groups that point in time is a waste of ammo, and trying figure out what the max is. That only a part of it too. Where your bullet is at compared to the rifle lands. It also depends on what you are after in grouping and ranges you are going to use that rifle at.

Actually, the question was using mag or regular pistol primers in a rifle.
The consensus is rifle primers in a pistol may work ok. Pistol primers in a full pressure rifle load is Not a good idea?!?

Actually the question was is it ok to use a different brand large rifle primer than what the book used. Nothing about pistol primers.
If the load data is using a large rifle primer, does it really matter which large rifle primer I use? Does magnum vs standard, or CCI vs Winchester, or benchrest vs standard really matter?