I'm probably not the first to think about this.

Sorry, I missed the point. It's marketed as an out of the box highly accurate rifle so I don't see why it's out of place on a precision shooting forum. ???
Rest assured, it wouldn't be the first time I missed the point :D
Can you put me on target?

From what I have seen at the range, they are one of the most accurate of the budget rifles. I haven't seen one disassembled but I believe they are set up like a savage, barrel nut, recoil lug, and the blade type trigger..

Yes, I totally believe everything they they to market me. :)

Big corporations never lie! It's a proven fact.

Somehow I keep thinking that this rifle falls along the line of a 3 MOA kind of setup.

dude,
Not sure why your down on the advertisement?? A previous member just said he's seen it print good groups....that's not believing advertisement. That's experience. I honestly didn't care for them, but a cousin bought one and we played with it. It shot good. 3/4" is in anyone's eyes a decent group, regardless of price. I used to really put my nose up at savage/stevens, until they started shooting tiny little groups. Is the 783 as good as my fully redone 700 win mag? No, but you could have bought 10 of them for what I got in that one gun. They meet a need. Just because it isn't your need, or you can afford better, doesn't mean it's not a decent gun?? Just because Mcmillan exists doesn't mean HS Precision sucks....or a habanero isn't hot all of a sudden because the Ghost chili exists....still hot, just not the hottest. off my soap box.....
Nimrod

dude,
Not sure why your down on the advertisement?? A previous member just said he's seen it print good groups....that's not believing advertisement. That's experience. I honestly didn't care for them, but a cousin bought one and we played with it. It shot good. 3/4" is in anyone's eyes a decent group, regardless of price. I used to really put my nose up at savage/stevens, until they started shooting tiny little groups. Is the 783 as good as my fully redone 700 win mag? No, but you could have bought 10 of them for what I got in that one gun. They meet a need. Just because it isn't your need, or you can afford better, doesn't mean it's not a decent gun?? Just because Mcmillan exists doesn't mean HS Precision sucks....or a habanero isn't hot all of a sudden because the Ghost chili exists....still hot, just not the hottest. off my soap box.....
Nimrod

I'm not down on the advertisement. It seems like they are missing their demographic entirely though. I would expect to see a M700 Long Range. As it fits more closely with the theme of this website.

What we talk about here on this forum is highly specialized. Lots of time, lots of special equipment and lots of knowledge. The advertisement is made without that perspective.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts