Something to Think About because of Dec 7.

idcwby

Here's an interesting thought. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River. Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships in other localities, so why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer....they know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

1. The world's largest army ... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....
2. A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:
3. There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin.
4. Allow me to restate that number.
5. Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
6. More men under arms than in Iran.
7. More than in France and Germany combined.
8. These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
9. That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters.
10. All of whom have now returned home.
11. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that, the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
12. The number of Hunters in the state of Texas would be the largest standing army in the world by it's self.
13. The point?
14. American Hunting is not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
15. That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
16. Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

Listened to a brit who had gone to fight for Ukraine, his opinion of the ex army wasn't great. In fact it was rather poor, but said he was really surprised how tough the non vet hunter types were. Said they had no expectations of not being shelled or having close air support, they had no previous beliefs war would be anything but he'll and were quite content to be in a trench being shelled. Said vets were to accustomed to massive power disparity and broke down very fast when placed against a better armed foe.

On the flip side, I'm just old enough to have known folks from the greatest generation as they died off in my teens on through my late 20s I was lucky my ww2 generation family members made it to the mid 20teens. I realize my family of immigrants turned last fronteirsman may skew on the more resilient side, but I'd wager my 90 some odd year old stil independent and driving grandmother is 10x more resilient than half the millennial grandkids and all the zoomers in the family. We don't have even remotely close to the same level of tough as we did in 41. The baby boomers were 5050 at best, the millenials maybe 40 percent tough gen x maybe 60 as they seem more competent for whatever reason than older and younger. Gen z..... maybe 10.....

Reality is we are weak, only thing behind every blade of grass today are a bunch of coddled overweight "theys" scared of pronouns, work or guns.

Listened to a brit who had gone to fight for Ukraine, his opinion of the ex army wasn't great. In fact it was rather poor, but said he was really surprised how tough the non vet hunter types were. Said they had no expectations of not being shelled or having close air support, they had no previous beliefs war would be anything but he'll and were quite content to be in a trench being shelled. Said vets were to accustomed to massive power disparity and broke down very fast when placed against a better armed foe.

On the flip side, I'm just old enough to have known folks from the greatest generation as they died off in my teens on through my late 20s I was lucky my ww2 generation family members made it to the mid 20teens. I realize my family of immigrants turned last fronteirsman may skew on the more resilient side, but I'd wager my 90 some odd year old stil independent and driving grandmother is 10x more resilient than half the millennial grandkids and all the zoomers in the family. We don't have even remotely close to the same level of tough as we did in 41. The baby boomers were 5050 at best, the millenials maybe 40 percent tough gen x maybe 60 as they seem more competent for whatever reason than older and younger. Gen z..... maybe 10.....

Reality is we are weak, only thing behind every blade of grass today are a bunch of coddled overweight "theys" scared of pronouns, work or guns.
Unfortunately you are correct but,We ain't all dead yet!!

The NRA needs to be abolished. And an American organization started.The NRA needs to be abolished. And an American organization started.
Do you have suggestions...????....
How would you implement your words....
Would you participate...????
Mine is restructure.... the NRA .... cut the fat.... get back to the roots/purpose of the organization........not abolish.....
We have the membership..... and willing membership though many are disenchanted....
For many of us who shoot long range and can,t do that out our back door....
belonging to a club and competing is our only choice.
Most clubs require an NRA membership.

This is absolutely the truth, but unfortunately unless someone comes along to bring the masses back from the brink of political extremes we are still doomed.

Both parties have done such a tremendous job of splitting this great nation in two, that the enemy no longer needs to physically invade.

A gun behind every blade of grass? Sure, but there would also be 3 people pointing that gun out to the invaders.

This current generation (and some folks from previous ones, too, unfortunately) is trying their darndest to reverse anything from our past.
Think about it. There are SO many things that we knew as fact that they now say is not.

My wife and I, along with a few others, were with friends who had just purchased an old building filled with artifacts.
One was an old encyclopedia from like 1946. A comment a younger person made was "probably nothing in there thats true anymore, anyway."

They seem to believe that "you were lied to" yet are completely disbelieving that they too are filled with disinformation.

Until a both parties abandon the vocal extremists and get back to working together to fix things, all the guns in the world cant fix what is currently wrong in this country.

Admiral Yamamoto at one time studied at Harvard - no dummy. He planned on a quick war with peace negotiations after wiping our fleet out at Pearl Harbor. Yamamoto was aware of the USA industrial capacity ("sleeping giant...") and a protracted war including an invasion of our west coast that would have required an enormous transpacific supply chain was not planned. The battle of Midway busted their hump. I knew a Naval Aviator that was assigned to the USS Yorktown (CV5) and after his last mission from the Yorktown he was forced to land on another carrier as the Yorktown was sunk.

Same guy flew out of Henderson field, Guadalcanal and described junky aircraft, & a diet of bad food & rats in the gally.

Another Japanese general, Kuribayashi (Iwo Jima) also spent much time in prewar USA, on duty for the Japanese military & motored cross country, carefully observing Americana. Kuribayashi was presented with a 1911 (like .45 auto) as a token of admiration & friendship by USA military officers upon departure from USA. Kuribayashi was regarded as one of the toughest & cunning Japanese generals.

Should it hit the fan again I wonder what the outcome will be with Russia, N Korea & China.

Last edited: