I'm no gunsmith ! - Advice needed

jc333

Guys,
I have an AR platform .223 with a Wilson Combat barrel that was built for me by a gun shop that's no longer in business.
I wanted to remove the thread protector and after trying my darndest, it wouldn't budge. When I looked at the underside of the barrel I discovered something.
It appears the thread Protector has a pin of some kind locking it up, it doesn't have a slot so it's not a screw head.
Any ideas on what this is and how to remove it ?
Thanks in advance ....
JC

Attachments

• Wilson.JPG
    Wilson.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 173
Guys,
I have an AR platform .223 with a Wilson Combat barrel that was built for me by a gun shop that's no longer in business.
I wanted to remove the thread protector and after trying my darndest, it wouldn't budge. When I looked at the underside of the barrel I discovered something.
It appears the thread Protector has a pin of some kind locking it up, it doesn't have a slot so it's not a screw head.
Thanks in advance ....
JC
Pinned and welded or possibly just welded

OP might want yo do some research on local laws,rules, and regulations regarding AR rifles in NJ-- here is a quick recap
View attachment 537830

Notice the "non-threadded barrel" part--- therefore the thread protector would jave to be pinned and welded to be legal for possession in his area

This is so dumb on so many levels. "Muzzle break instead of flash suppressor"... you don't think muzzle breaks also offer flash suppression? Also, how are you supposed to attach that muzzle break if you can't have a threaded barrel?

This is so dumb on so many levels. "Muzzle break instead of flash suppressor"... you don't think muzzle breaks also offer flash suppression? Also, how are you supposed to attach that muzzle break if you can't have a threaded barrel?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I guess that you have to weld the brake on if you live in NJ.

Guys,
Thanks in advance ....
JC
Move your family to a State that doesn't take away your 2nd and doesn't indoctrinate your children!!!
You are a fool if you live in circumstances with fake liberal laws like NJ!