I'm looking for some really good 15x60 binos

jl3216

I'm a very avid mule deer, antelolpe, and elk hunter and spend a TON of my time "glassing" for these animals. I'm looking for a really good 15 power with at least a 60mm objective, prefer bigger, binoculars.

Anyone have any recommendations??

I would recommend you stick with the Swarovski 15x56 or Leica 15x56. Anything bigger is tough to carry/not real portable. The Docters are great but way to heavy to pack. In this magnification quality of glass is the most important. There are other "good" brands such as Vortex or Minox but if your eyeballs are stuck in these all day glassing then optically quality is number 1.

I tend to use a Leica 12x50 HD over anything else as they are lighter, next in line are the Swaro's.

I wanted the same thing for mule deer hunting. After reading a ton of reviews, numerous head to head comparison articles in birdwatching forums/magazines I bought the Vortex Kaibab HD. They are about the same size, weight and magnification as the Swaros and nearly $700.00 cheaper. I have been extremely happy with mine and in doing my "own" comparisons liked them better than the Swaro. The Leicas were slightly clearer to my eyes but not enough to sway my decision. Best of luck.......

I have the Swaro 15X56 SLC and 12X50EL. The 12X50EL's would be my pick. I can pick up a GH a mile away on open farm fields with no problem.

The Leica's are awesome binos and they are made even better by the fact that they are rangefinders as well! The new HD ones are absolutely great!

Mac

The Vortex Kaibabs were my favorite pair of bino's and I often regret selling them. I could glass comfortably for hours and they truly amazed me in low light situations. I'm sure there are nicer binos but I was never left wanting with my Kaibabs.

I had to take out a second mortgage on my house but my Swarovski 15 x 56 SLC binoculars and mule deer glassing are a match made in heaven!

Take a look at the Zeiss 20X60 Image Stabilized Binocs . You can even hand hold these 20s better than any conventional 15s you will ever find . Of course they are a tad heavy . Oh , you better have really deep pockets too . They are AMAZING !

Thoise Zeiss are great glass, I use them on antelope for quick judging. As far as everdsay use and packing FORGET IT. Also nothing compares to a tripod for steadyness and prolonged glassing.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.