Time for some new binos

TDUFF

I have been using my vortex dimondbacks for the past couple years. A friend of mine wants to buy them so I agreed and now I'm looking for a new pair. Before I go and test some in the store I was looking for some real life field use, I don't think in-store testing all that accurate or useful. Looking to spend no more then $1000. I'm open to all opinions and as of now I am considering the vortex razors or Steiner hx 10x40.
Thanks Trell

I have the Meoptas also and I can't tell the difference from other high end binoculars. With that said, my next pair will be Leicas with range finding capabilities.

I am really impressed with my Razor 10x42s.
I have been using my vortex dimondbacks for the past couple years. A friend of mine wants to buy them so I agreed and now I'm looking for a new pair. Before I go and test some in the store I was looking for some real life field use, I don't think in-store testing all that accurate or useful. Looking to spend no more then $1000. I'm open to all opinions and as of now I am considering the vortex razors or Steiner hx 10x40.
Thanks Trell
I have been very happy with my Vortex Razor 12x50's, before I purchased them I tried out several different brands and these were hands down the best bang for your buck

Viper 10x42 is what i use. Gotem for $450. My father in law uses swaro 10x50. I just dont see the price increase justified for those when im using them sometimes. YMMV

The meoptas listed are very good. You might find a used pair of swarovski 10x42 slc's for around the same price. Swarovski will service them to like new condition at no charge and they're fantastic glass.

I just got back from an elk hunt and my guide had a pair of the high end vortex. My 20 year old swaro slc's were significantly better.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts