I'm encouraged !!

When availability comes back, hopefully prices will be reasonable. I certainly can understand a "cost of materials" increase but that doesn't justify anything near the prices we have been seeing during this shortage. Having another primer manufacture in the mix will hopefully help.

I was at Scheels yesterday and the ammo shelf was pretty much full. Not as much variety as normal but the quantity was there. Hornady bullets looked to be pretty much fully stocked. A few powder choices, but no primers. Brownells had CCI primers in store the last 2 times I was there though.
Same here for ND Scheels

Store shelves in my area are starting to fill up with boxed factory ammunition. We are even seeing pallets of loaded ammo in boxes of 1600 rounds for 223 and 22LR as well as pallets of shotgun shells.
Also seeing a LOT of CCI BR-4 and BR-2 as well as Federal Large Pistol Magnum primers are cropping up. Hornady and Berger bullets are also in very good supply.

That tells me that the ammo manufacturers are starting to get caught up and maybe, just maybe, by this coming summer we will start to see primers and other components back in stores.

Let us pray.
What about the extorted prices? $65 for Alliance powders and $125 for a brick of BR-2. Somebody is making out!!!!!

Will you shop there when inventories return to many stores, and they can no longer make indecent profits from Gun Broker? (I would not.)
While I'd prefer to buy my components locally, my LGS does not sell bullets or brass, only powder & primers. That forces me to buy most of my supplies through the mail anyway. It was convenient to purchase what they had to avoid HAZMAT shipping.

But to answer your question - no likely.

Hoping its starting to turn the corner!

It infuriates me to see literally 10's of thousands of primers on GB starting around $150 per thousand. Add shipping and "fees" and most end up well over $200!

Wether it matters or not, I'm keeping a mental note of all the places doing this and will NEVER buy from them again. I have no problem with someone making a profit but the obscene outright gouging is beyond ridiculous.
I was prepared for this with rifle primers but I'm dangerously low on large pistol primers for my Marlin that rides in the tractor with me and is a general all-around "truck gun". Ill resort to throwing rocks before I pay GB prices! :D:D:D:D

Last week Sportsman's here got a big shipment of loaded ammo I have not seen any of lately. Hornady precision 6.5 PRC ELDx, .556, .22 LR and other stuff in demand. I have still not seen any increase in availability of components, still no primers, powders, or bullets in stock.

i do also think were at a turning point for the better

ask yourself this,
whos loading a full brick of any LPM primers , not too many people out there plinking 1000 rounds of 45 colt ???
how long will a full brick of LRM primers last you ,

just remember the people in it for the money , when you once again have a choice of places to buy from ....

Last edited:
I know that I don't run a large stock of anything. When stocks are up and prices are down I generally will make a purchase. I haven't as of yet gotten any H1000, or Varget powder. I have my hand up, but nobody has seen it yet. I don't so much care about factory ammo. Except for 17SWM, and 22 ammo.