I'm beside my self, if I only I could kick my self in the BUTT

So yeah after all the council and guidance from everyone on here I head out today to break in my barrel. 6 boxes of HSM trophy gold 185 gr Bergers 300 win. Umm yeah so break in was almost 3 hours followed the break in from precision magazine, takes 50 rounds with some serious cleaning rod work involved. I finally get to zero after letting my barrel cool, had to wait about 5 min between each shot so my barrel could cool down, an hour or so later I finally get a sub MOA group bench rested on a lead sled, I'm super pumped! Wait for it! I put my turret back on and it moves past zero stop, I'm thinking what the heck is my turret broken, of course not! my dumb @$$ failed to bottom out my turret before taking it off. Yeah I just said that. I shot 3 boxes of ammo today at almost $50 a box. So incase anyone gets frustrated and wants to call it quits when it comes to preparing for season just think about this screw up. I'm headed back out tomorrow morning to put this thing to bed once and for all.

I'd rather spend more time shooting then to be that excessive about the break in.

So yeah after all the council and guidance from everyone on here I head out today to break in my barrel. 6 boxes of HSM trophy gold 185 gr Bergers 300 win. Umm yeah so break in was almost 3 hours followed the break in from precision magazine, takes 50 rounds with some serious cleaning rod work involved. I finally get to zero after letting my barrel cool, had to wait about 5 min between each shot so my barrel could cool down, an hour or so later I finally get a sub MOA group bench rested on a lead sled, I'm super pumped! Wait for it! I put my turret back on and it moves past zero stop, I'm thinking what the heck is my turret broken, of course not! my dumb @$$ failed to bottom out my turret before taking it off. Yeah I just said that. I shot 3 boxes of ammo today at almost $50 a box. So incase anyone gets frustrated and wants to call it quits when it comes to preparing for season just think about this screw up. I'm headed back out tomorrow morning to put this thing to bed once and for all.

Break in is a pain, especially if you want to do it right. Bet you checked and rechecked the level of the scope, rail, boresight, took time buying some very expensive ammo for breakin though. I feel for ya brother. I was curious though, what reticle are you using? I've always stuck with Horus H59 or my present H37. Hey man, I'm positive you got it right the second time. That's why we call it Training!

DocB

76 years old and can't recall what ya'll are talking about.
Everyone is recalling the bad instances they've had with their guns.Like buying expensive ammo to sight in rifle and then find out that the scope or mounts were bad.Others leaving their bolts at home and some have forgot to take their gun with them to the hunt.Just lifes little way of keeping us in check.It's happened to a lots of people.Anyway that's kinda the jest of this.Being human.Good day sir.

Ok guys, I'll tell one on myself. I am prone to forgetting things. I think we all are as we age. Went to a skeet shoot not long ago with my daughter. Sunday evening after we finished shooting, I wiped down her gun and mine. Was loading the truck when wife called. Talked to her a few minutes and left. And I mean left... a $15k shotgun on a picnic table. Drove about an hour before realizing the mistake. Couple of phone calls back to the club and I was assured it was right where I left it. Those folks still there had a good laugh and may never let me forget it.

Break in is a pain, especially if you want to do it right. Bet you checked and rechecked the level of the scope, rail, boresight, took time buying some very expensive ammo for breakin though. I feel for ya brother. I was curious though, what reticle are you using? I've always stuck with Horus H59 or my present H37. Hey man, I'm positive you got it right the second time. That's why we call it Training!

DocB
Im using the MRAD, the snipes said it was a bit more user friendly Viper PST II 5x25x50 is what I'm running and yes I've double triple checked everything I can, now I'm just waiting

As I admit to my age ,soon to be 62, I find it easier to write a list over a few days so not to forget anything. Then I'll assemble my gear ,in on spot near the door , check over my list, load the truck, then spend the next half hour looking for my keys.....s#it happens.......
LoL!!! Yep yep that's me

MRAD vs MOA try and get a dollar out of a mill. LoL
MRAD = .333 mil x3= .999 nope not a dollar
MOA = .25 MOA x 4 = $1
Sniper humor LoL!!!

As I admit to my age ,soon to be 62, I find it easier to write a list over a few days so not to forget anything. Then I'll assemble my gear ,in on spot near the door , check over my list, load the truck, then spend the next half hour looking for my keys.....s#it happens.......
Wait till you reach 65..like me,,,lol..sometimes it's very frustrating just trying to remember what you went into a room to do...lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.