Ignored members quoting you?!

That's not what I'm getting at...

You need to look at this from a reloaders point of view

Many newbies, with little or nor experience at anything mechanical/technical, are getting into reloading these days...right?...That is scary.

PLEASE go read some reloading manuals FIRST, before jumping into a reloading forum.

My concern has become (and maybe others also) is that what little/limited knowledge you/others have of reloading, can turn very dangerous if I give ANY info out...any you don't understand it...PLEASE go read some books/manuals on reloading...pretty please.

The difference between a 6.5 Grendel, and a 6.5 Creedmoor...

The difference between a 7mm RUM and a 375 RUM...

What does that mean, in regards to differ powders/burn rates? How about case capacity?

I know this comes off as a little harsh...but I'm just being honest..please go read a reloading book/manual
This is the whole reason for my post in the beginning. There are too many here that ask a question or make a statement that is false, when corrected, and it goes against their butt hurt feelings, they get an instant IGNORE, but continue on in the thread arguing or quoting and answering with BS. To be honest, I am reluctant to help ANYONE here anymore…

Cheers.

This is the whole reason for my post in the beginning. There are too many here that ask a question or make a statement that is false, when corrected, and it goes against their butt hurt feelings, they get an instant IGNORE, but continue on in the thread arguing or quoting and answering with BS. To be honest, I am reluctant to help ANYONE here anymore…

Cheers.
You can ignore me if you feel the need, it won't hurt my feelings, just don't stop posting. Many of us do get good info from your posts.

Seeing topic under which this thread started. I suppose this in correct area.
Anyway, I came across what I thought was an odd barrel break-in methodology (?) at the range.
A guy was breaking in his carbon barrel on new production rifle and he said manufacturer requires 50 shots and the guy cleaned barrel after every shot.
So he shot 50 rounds cleaning after each one no matter what.
I thought this was odd from what I had been taught but it's not my rifle so I kept my mouth shut.
I've alway shot looking for lack of copper residue in barrel
Am I wrong or is just something I haven't seen?
Just wondering.

Mr BBQ lord, it pertains more than the op to bullets barrels and ballistics.

Barrel cleaning has as many strong opinions on the "best" break in method. The only transcendent theme is consistency. Honestly barrel break in methods are as varied folks views on beauty and attraction, sadly some methods are the equivalent to a purple haired hefalump feminist....

Last edited:

Cheers.

This is an example of somebody not doing the right thing even if nobody is looking. Like peeking, crying, and lying about it.

I truly hope personal differences do not drive the knowledgeable members away from participating in the forum. I also hope the members with limited experience and just trying to learn don't get discouraged from participating. Maybe the ignore function is the answer for some. Calling out potentially dangerous recommendations or opinions is needed to help the uninformed. Trashing a member because you just don't like them doesn't add any value to the discussion.

So comfisherman, while there are many ways to skin a cat. Is not the main purpose of break-in, but to smooth out any rifling burrs which most likely occur near the throat?
And with todays new barrel making procedures you would think these burrs would be minimal. No scientific knowledge to last sentence, it just seems logical.

Just thinking out loud and hoping this great, boring thread lives on.

Also, right after posting this I has seen the prior barrel break-in thread under this heading, but in the name of ignorance I shall leave my post

I believe my wife has the market cornered on the ignore button. I can say something to her and then I have to ask if she heard me or did I just say it in my head?

One problem is we may have differing opinions on what is important within a topic or entire topics. My wife and I differ in that I like to discuss guns and hunting, she hits the ignore button internally. She likes to talk about, well life and things. I'm 60, been there done that and may die soon. I need to move on to the important things to me. haha

On this and other sites if someone says or goes down a path I don't like I just skip their posts and don't waist any time on them.
Mrvmax. never saw a word you wrote. Lol Already hit the ignore button on my post as well.

I believe my wife has the market cornered on the ignore button. I can say something to her and then I have to ask if she heard me or did I just say it in my head?

One problem is we may have differing opinions on what is important within a topic or entire topics. My wife and I differ in that I like to discuss guns and hunting, she hits the ignore button internally. She likes to talk about, well life and things. I'm 60, been there done that and may die soon. I need to move on to the important things to me. haha

On this and other sites if someone says or goes down a path I don't like I just skip their posts and don't waist any time on them.
Mrvmax. never saw a word you wrote. Lol Already hit the ignore button on my post as well.
Well put!
Your wife and mine have the exact same ignore button as mine,must be common to the gender.