If a man speaks in the wilderness where no woman can hear --- is he still wrong?

Do you recall your aspirations at the time?
Where did you see yourself goin? And is where you are now in life vastly different?
My wife and Mother were each generally ok with how I turned out.

But I think both of them were disappointed that I never quite understood how to ensure that my t-shirts were put on so they weren't inside out and backwards.

FROM A POST A WHILE AGO:

My mule deer hunting guide took this picture of me at mid-day in camp after the morning hunt...some years ago.

My wife likes the message in the lower right corner enough that this framed copy hangs on our bedroom wall.

I still use a crop of it as my LRH profile picture to poke fun at myself

20220220_085201.jpg

But I think both of them were disappointed that I never quite understood how to ensure that my t-shirts were put on so they weren't inside out and backwards.

FROM A POST A WHILE AGO:

My mule deer hunting guide took this picture of me at mid-day in camp after the morning hunt...some years ago.

My wife likes the message in the lower right corner enough that this framed copy hangs on our bedroom wall.

20220220_085201.jpg
My apologies. You were a stud buffalo back in those days!

A few things I've learned after 43 years (this November)

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

If I'm" right "this time it's just fuel for the next argument.

You can either talk to the man in charge, or the woman who knows what's going on.

I wear the pants in this family; my wife just tells me what pair to put on.

Wouldn't trade her for anything in the world.

Marriage is successful when the commitment to love supersedes self-interest. As long as we look at it as a 50/50 deal, it's not going to work. It's one of those things, like many others, the more you put into it, the more you get back. 🙂 I enjoyed reading "the things I've learned" comments and appreciate those of you who were willing to share personally like that. One of the things I've learned (and try to practice) is that being able to listen is more important than having the right answer. Seek first to understand, then to be understood. A good rule to live by in general relationships... Hats off to the long first-marriages represented here. That's for you too, Len. 👍

Meme - Good Marriage.jpg

I think those who have successful marriages have figured it out that its the only true collaboration you will ever have in your life. If you don't have a partner, a friend, a love it will be a tough road. Even then there will be speed bumps that takes a collaboration to work through them. Talk is not cheap to make it work. We will be 43 years this fall and I wonder where the time went.

FROM A POST A WHILE AGO:

20220220_085201.jpg
Didn't you inform her you were saving on laundry by turning them inside out ?