Ideas for New .277 build

These guys are awesome šŸ˜Ž

Screenshot_20210916-205621.png

Soooooo... I have been down this road. Today I have a 27 Nosler on a long action Remington that was a 270WSM. Under way at my gunsmith is a 270WSM with a long throat on an anTi XM action. The XM shows the COAL I'll need.

My 27N weighs about 9.5#. Being a seasoned citizen I'm looking at a lighter rifle. That 270WSM will come in much lighter although I haven't added it up yet. I'm expecting close to 6# with a scope.

My shots typically haven't been over 300 yards so far so the 270WSM will most likely do what I need to do. My hunting partners is 30-06 and 308s and as I've said shot are around 300 yards.

I do have the 338RUM of I want to use it though. šŸ˜

Just my $0.02

Northkill, did you get your rifle done?
Not yet. Bartlein is running behind on .277 barrels. I just got word from them yesterday that its currently at their winding facility. When it comes back, it's off to reaming, then honing, then rifling. Probably 4 to 6 weeks yet. Then to the smith.

I think I have the other components. Excited to get it done.

Thanks for asking.

As I understand it the anTi (and anTi X) are about 4 ounces lighter than the Nanook. The difference seems to be in the bolt. Corresponding with Kelbly they've chosen to stay with an interchangeable bolt throughout their line and Defiance went with a different bolt.

As I understand it the anTi (and anTi X) are about 4 ounces lighter than the Nanook. The difference seems to be in the bolt. Corresponding with Kelbly they've chosen to stay with an interchangeable bolt throughout their line and Defiance went with a different bolt.
I've got a couple of the Terminus Kratos Lite's in action, which is what I'm using on this build. They are the smoothest I've ever run and have excellent tolerances. Look great too. Also a tad heaver than the AnTi. So far very happy.

Ready for trial runs. šŸ¤  Will keep you posted. Business has me chasing my tail right now and it might go a bit. I think we got the components. Going to try both the 140 SBD-2 and the 156 HH once.

It's the rifle on the right in the photo. Maybe should have gone with the Magnus stock as the M40 Bartlein makes it look kind of small. But I wanted this one lighter. We'll see how it is once I have it in hand.

(got to get the Nomad Ti out of jail for it...)

Attachments

• CA 6.5 PRC - Custom 6.5 PRC - Custom 27 Nosler.jpg
    CA 6.5 PRC - Custom 6.5 PRC - Custom 27 Nosler.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • Dead Air Nomad Ti - 2.png
    Dead Air Nomad Ti - 2.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 66