Idaho House Bill 587

It's all across the west.

Hunting western states has gotten ridiculous, tag wise. It's gotten both very popular, and herds have generally been in a decline for quite some decades.

I always assume whatever the states legislate is either to control herd numbers, or more probably, to increase revenue. I think this is more about money, in the case of Idaho.

Our neighbors in Wyoming and MT have done this for years and resident tags are still OTC in general units.
Idaho is decades overdue on reducing non resident tags, it's getting ridiculous.
Our neighbors still have over the counter out of state tag opportunities. It's ridiculous? What's ridiculous? Being able to hunt every year??!

Personally, I've made the decision to not go broke in order to hunt and will only hunt for tags that are obtainable. Chasing a point system is not for me and I'm opting out of buying points for 20 years just to be disappointed. I pray that we here in Idaho are smart enough to not embark down that long downward spiral.

Our neighbors still have over the counter out of state tag opportunities. It's ridiculous? What's ridiculous? Being able to hunt every year??!
Okay go try buying an otc non resident bull elk tag in WY or MT and get back to me.
You know what I mean by ridiculous, its allowing generalus otc tags for non residents.
The state, all states, should prioritize their tax paying residents first, this isn't a slippery deal to take our general season tags away.