Idaho elk

How are people thinking the stats are wrong, and which way.When I was younger and elk hunting was superior to now with the wolfs.I averaged 23-25 days for more than ten years.I put in 40- 50 days now and get zero.Im smarter, hunt just as hard and am more LR capable.I also use to hunt ID panhandle before wolf, in some real rugged terrain.Bugled 8 bulls there one day.Met a younger guy then that was bived out in high country across from my campmate night he said he would hear 20 bulls bugling
You might want to look at the link I posted. It's percentage of success not percentage of the bulls with 6 plus points. What a guy needs to know is his chance of success period, then his chance of a mature bull. Unit 17 showed 13 hunters last year with 0%. Those 13 hunters averaged 7.5 days each.

Heres an example: I hunted 39 this year, archery tag. Last year there were 9 bulls taken out of 307 hunters. Success was 11% total. 29.9% were 6 point plus. So 29.9% of the 9 bulls had 6 plus points, or basically 3 bulls were considered mature. so .009% of the hunters tagged a 6 plus point bull in 2022.

You might want to look at the link I posted. It's percentage of success not percentage of the bulls with 6 plus points. What a guy needs to know is his chance of success period, then his chance of a mature bull. Unit 17 showed 13 hunters last year with 0%. Those 13 hunters averaged 7.5 days each.

Heres an example: I hunted 39 this year, archery tag. Last year there were 9 bulls taken out of 307 hunters. Success was 11% total. 29.9% were 6 point plus. So 29.9% of the 9 bulls had 6 plus points, or basically 3 bulls were considered mature. so .009% of the hunters tagged a 6 plus point bull in 2022.

I was going to post something similar; the days required to take a bull can be divided into the average hunt length to calculate the rough percentage of success. Two guys each hunt ten days; one is successful and one is not. Average days spent per bull harvested is 20 - it isn't rocket science.

Recent Posts