Ibex,ibex,ibex specİaly beozar İbex

soundwaves

Now hunting deer and stuff is great but l dont think it comes anywere close to hunting goat and sheep.
you cant compare hunting in the forest to hunting in the mountains. ones a easy kids work and the other is a job ony the best hunters can do.

went hunting this week end whit 2 of my mates. whent to this spot wich l saw a 11 year old BEOZAR IBEX last week. we l sat at an ambush position l know. my plan was to ambush the goats as thay were crossing the canyon after thay left the cliffs thay sleep on.
l got there 5 oclock in the morning just as the moon was slowly slowly seting behined the mountain the wolves started howling that mayd me forget about the freezing cold for a while.
sat there till 8 oclock and was just thinking about hiking to the next mountain and suddenly l heard rocks and stones falling from the steep rock face infront of me. l turned to see and there was a female on top of the cliff looking around to see if it was safe to cross the canyon. it stood there for about 2 minutes and looked behined. ohhhh she must be looking at the old guy l saw last week l said to my self. just as l said that this huge ibex 11 year old appered on the cliff and started walking towads me. l rested the gun on a good rock and got ready to take the shot 460 metes just as l was pulling the trigger a rock sliped under my mates feet and made a dissturbing noise and the 11 year old ibex took off for his life l still had him in the cross hairs at 550 meters and it was a shot that l took before l was gonna hav him this time but l didnt pull the trigger on him. l didnt wat to woond him or accidenty hit the female next to him. there was a 8 year old one behined him so l went for that one instead and killed him in his tracks. next week week lm gonna get my self the big guy.
send you some pics next week.

Its nice to hear you have good hunting ethics. Where are you hunting? ha ha, I have always thought that would be a Great hunt. Good Luck on that big guy!

Good judgement call...too bad for the one behind the Big One and congratulations. Good luck with the Big One.

sorry l forgot to tell you were l hunt. l am an Australian who lives in Turkey. l hunt in the Toros mountains wich are actualy the most west side of the himaleyas. l live and hunt by the touristic city of Antalya. Great hunting here.
l left my camera at my hunting lodge so when l go up there next week l will send you some pics.

Back in the late 1960s when I was in the Navy we docked in Antalya for a weekend. I remember a tourist hotel there that had a freezing cold crystal clear fresh water stream flowing over the beach into the Mediterranean Sea. They had lots of domestic goats there, but not the ones with the long horns. I never knew that they had that kind of hunting there.

You got yourself a great trophy. Did you get the 11 year old one?

joseph

Last edited:
Back in the late 1960s when I was in the Navy we docked in Antalya for a weekend. I remember a tourist hotel there that had a freezing cold crystal clear fresh water stream flowing over the beach into the Mediterranean Sea. They had lots of domestic goats there, but not the ones with the long horns. I never knew that they had that kind of hunting there.

You got yourself a great trophy. Did you get the 11 year old one?

joseph

really l live in Antalya too. a small touristic town of Antalya called SİDE.

Well no didnt come accros the 11 year old one after, aparently a m8 of mine shot it !! but l managed to bag a 10 year old one 147 cm horns last week.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.