• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

I predict that I am going to permanently BAN at least 10 more members very soon for complaining about SELLERS' PRICES.

4F566750-6EA8-4CAE-8CFE-9CABDEF347EE.jpeg

On a side note. I believe to keep this site from being another uselse's forum where people only come here to sell is to revise the rules. In my opinion the criteria for selling eligibility is way too low. So, we get what we get.
Not my place to even say what I think should be……but occasionally I jerk my own chain.
Perhaps a member should be here 6 months before he/she can buy or sell?

On a side note. I believe to keep this site from being another uselse's forum where people only come here to sell is to revise the rules. In my opinion the criteria for selling eligibility is way too low. So, we get what we get.
Thats kinda a tough one , some guys probably pick a site like this to sell stuff because stuff seems to move pretty good,
And due to the shortages , this site needs guys who want to sell stuff, as long as its legit.
So making harder to be able to sell works against us a little, I could be wrong ,but that's how I see it

A big part of the reason I joined was for the buying and selling...but the more I used it for buying and selling the more I wanted to use it to contribute to the forum, other places I've joined I don't even use cause thier requirements were much stricter and I never ended up using the other features. So in short the buying and selling got me in and I ended up contributing to it. Not saying everyone does it that way but it's a good way to add people to contribute to the forum.

I see both sides on this one. Some guys are just trying to get replacement cost out of what they have, but the next guy feels like he's being steamrolled because of current market conditions...
I've been lurking lately but not doing much at all in the classifieds mainly because I don't feel like getting banned. I work hard for my money (as do most of us here) and I don't appreciate being taken advantage of. I suspect I'll continue to mostly lurk instead of participating in the classifieds for some time. As was said earlier, I suppose letting the crickets do the talking is the best way.

A big part of the reason I joined was for the buying and selling...but the more I used it for buying and selling the more I wanted to use it to contribute to the forum, other places I've joined I don't even use cause thier requirements were much stricter and I never ended up using the other features. So in short the buying and selling got me in and I ended up contributing to it. Not saying everyone does it that way but it's a good way to add people to contribute to the forum.
So true, I had big plans to sell a bunch of stuff and listed one thing so far , but have enjoyed reading and contributing.
Also if It weren't for the people on this site I would still be searching for Bullets and powder.

Last edited:
I see both sides on this one. Some guys are just trying to get replacement cost out of what they have, but the next guy feels like he's being steamrolled because of current market conditions...
I've been lurking lately but not doing much at all in the classifieds mainly because I don't feel like getting banned. I work hard for my money (as do most of us here) and I don't appreciate being taken advantage of. I suspect I'll continue to mostly lurk instead of participating in the classifieds for some time. As was said earlier, I suppose letting the crickets do the talking is the best way.
Why would you get banned for using the classifieds?

I understand Len has a tough time keeping it all moving smoothly.
This is a great site for gathering knowledge and promoting the shooting sports.
I haven't been a member here very long compared to some, but I have witnessed the changes through time following along the same lines of our declining society. Keyboard warriors, scammers, scalpers and some just plain idiots infiltrating everything they can for attention, greed, self indulgence, promoting and creating turmoil.
I use the classifieds, have bought and sold, never to make money but to share or acquire something I thought I needed. I have no use for the person that prays on those in need just to make a dollar. I also do not waste my time on them. I really dislike whiners!

Some things make me laugh, the questions of what's the best rifle, cartridge, how far is to far, boxers or briefs?
Not much time in hunting camp, Sad!
I might ban myselfimages-1.jpg

There has been a big influx of new members over the last 2 years, due to covid and the scarcity of all shooting components.

Some new members are basically joining to find components at decent prices, others are here to learn and share for the future. It just takes a moment to check out posts on new members you may be dealing with.

I'm with Len, I don't get involved in jumping into buy/sell posts of other members. I and others with any sense can easily step away from posts that stink to high heaven. If it pi--es you off, just ignore them. I try to deal only with members who have been around and contributed knowledge to LRH + have good trader history.

I would like to see Len follow up on the rule to use username and date on sales posts pictures. This has been around for a good while, but most ignore it. Let's see the post removed until they put in user name. It's a good rule, so enforce it.

This is a well run forum thanks to Len, but the membership has the duty to keep their posting within the rules. Sometimes a post will make you shake your head, but just ignore it and move on.

Recent Posts