I need a PD shooter to evaluate the new Nightforce SHV scope

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
The task is to use and evaluate this new scope while prairie dog shooting as soon as practical this year based on PD seasonal availability.

And then to write an article with pictures for publication on LRH.
=============================================

The Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 rifle scope is a game changer. Who would have thought that a rifle scope worthy of the Nightforce name would be available at such an affordable price. By simplifying the options, controls and manufacturing process Nightforce is able to provide the extremely high quality their optics have become known for at a price that won't break the bank.
  • 56mm objective lens for maximum light transmission.
  • Fully enclosed, capped, waterproof adjustments with .250 MOA click values.
  • Elevation and windage adjustments are finger-adjustable - no coins or tools necessary.
  • Indicator can be easily reset to "0" once you've established your zero.
  • 10 MOA per revolution on elevation turret
  • 30mm tube, 100 MOA total elevation travel, 70 MOA windage.
  • 4x to 14x variable magnification, applicable to widest possible range of field environments.
  • Parallax settings are marked in yards. While field conditions can cause variations in exact yardage, the SHV's™ markings will get you closer, quicker, to the crispest, clearest image possible.
  • Fast-focus European-style eyepiece.

One of the most popular, most versatile reticles we've ever created, specially modified for the SHV™ with only the floating center crosshair illuminated (on illuminated models). 1 MOA elevation and windage markings allow accurate rangefinding and hold-offs at long ranges. The floating center crosshair provides outstanding precision on smaller targets. The illuminated floating center crosshairs are adjustable in 11 increments from off to bright. They will not produce the flare common to many "smart" reticles.

No P-Dogs around here, but I'd love to get my mitts on one of those scopes! I can do an evaluation on whitetail deer if that helps my cause. :D

Len,
We don't have pd's here, but we are avid rock chuck and ground squirrel hunters. We do a lot of shooting from 100 yards to 1k +. I would enjoy the opportunity to field test this scope and write a report on it.
Thanks!

-Mike

Mike, how early can 'you get out for those critters?

Len,
We have already been out this year. We are going over to shoot chucks again this weekend, and then will be hunting on a large ranch for ground squirrels the following weekend with an outfitter. We will be out almost every weekend until the middle of July. Gets too hot by then and the chucks hole up.

Thanks,
-mike

I live right in the middle of pd country. There are about 2500 acres of them within a ten mile radius of my house. I would love to test the scope, but I haven't written any articles since high school. I could darn sure give it a try though. I will be killing those little bastards as soon as the foot of snow is gone.

I live right in the middle of pd country. There are about 2500 acres of them within a ten mile radius of my house. I would love to test the scope, but I haven't written any articles since high school. I could darn sure give it a try though. I will be killing those little bastards as soon as the foot of snow is gone.

I could help the cause. ;) im from dickinson.

I'd be willing to volunteer to the cause. The numbers are just starting to come back around here but we have already taken out a few this winter.
The Nightfource would be up against a few 12 Leupolds,a Millet LRS and numerous IORs.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.