Nightforce SHV worth the $

I have SIII 10-50x60 LRIRMOA and it is an awesome scope for that PRICE.
I do not know why if you really need sharper glass during the day time. I can shoot with Sightron way out to 1,000 yards target just fine.

Shot with iPhone and I really love the floating dot in the center. Much better than the crosshair.

Attachments

• Sightron-reticle.jpg
    Sightron-reticle.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 91
Have had the shv 4-14 for a couple months. But just recently returned from sighting it in and getting a little trigger time with it. It's on a 300 rum. At the same time was shooting a nxs. I'm not going to try and compare them, but will say that I was very impressed with the shv. Seem clear and tracked very well. Only time will tell, but have to say was happy with the scope.

I've heard Sightron s3 and vortex pst thrown into the mix to compare to the SHV which all 3 are a step down from the nxs level of nightforces! But for the $1200 range you can definetaly throw in the Leupold VX-6 4x24x52 TMOA into the pot! Great glass, lighter weight and not as large of knobs for a hunting scope, along with a nice low to high range of magnification! Please throw some thoughts out there for the Leopold, pro's & con's welcome!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.