I have to tell this story.

Broz, the RF in the truck wouldn't have done a thing. He'd probably just informed you that it was out of calibration and you should send it in to be fixed!

That guy is akin to the 'hundreds' of folks that have driven to my range....stood on the 300 yard line and when asked "how far is that 20" square white plate?" and they tell me 500 yards!!:rolleyes:

I was just thinking, I did have a CRF 1200 in my truck. I could have called his bluff. But then what would it prove? Just would have hurt his feelings. :rolleyes:

Jeff

Besides, you wanted a sale on your 'stuff'. Never **** off a potential customer even if his eyes change from blue to brown while he talks........:)

When you get to be my age, you'll just go..."Yep, uh huh, really, I never knew that' and go on. You knew all along, you just never tell.

I listen to great stories every day in my line of work. Most I forget before I get home from work......

The ones I do remember are usually politically biased.

That was a modest approach . I have a guy at work that was a marine and he says he was a sniper and last year he said he had a 50 BMG . He told me last year that some one broke into his house and stole his barrett 50 . Just the other day we were talking about shooting at 1000 yards and he starts talking about being a sniper again and he mentions his 50 cal. Barrett this time another person was standing there and asked if he still had it and he said that he has sold it . So I dont know what to believe. Oh and he said that the wind didnt affect the bullet impact @ 1000 yards much at all. I had to be nice and not say anything as it would have looked like I wanted to degrade him.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.