I Hate Hammer Bullets!

I'm kind of interested in these bullets myself I know nothing about them but I do see a popularity thing going on for them good or bad. I have my own favorites but always looking for something new I reload so what I look for is easy loading something that flies well and consistently and does what it is supposed to when it gets there from 22cals to 30 cals.Appeciate any info out there good or bad
They have a website to browse thru what they make. Any browser search for Hammer bullets should show it.

Quite a few of them are on the applied ballistics app.

From previous discussions it seems like Litz tested them to the transonic zone then gave a g7 based on that however since these bullets aren't meant to be shot that far it doesn't reflect the BC at normal ranges leading to high impacts at closer ranges.

At least that was my understanding.

From previous discussions it seems like Litz tested them to the transonic zone then gave a g7 based on that however since these bullets aren't meant to be shot that far it doesn't reflect the BC at normal ranges leading to high impacts at closer ranges.

At least that was my understanding.
Is that what litz said or was it an excuse to explain away the difference? Literally every other bullet(thousands of bullets) in applied ballistics from dozens of mfgs are accurate- why would these be any different?

That was actually a rather cogent and reasonable response sans the last sentence. Keep working on that.
It seems like the same 4 or 5 members on here giving each other the thumbs up are the ones complaining the most about Hammer bullet lovers and keep reiterating this is a long range hunting site I guess if the rest of us just quite posting you can have the forum too your own liking I wonder how that would work out shoot what you like and stop the personal attacks

It seems like the same 4 or 5 members on here giving each other the thumbs up are the ones complaining the most about Hammer bullet lovers and keep reiterating this is a long range hunting site I guess if the rest of us just quite posting you can have the forum too your own liking I wonder how that would work out shoot what you like and stop the personal attacks
So there's literally a dedicated hammer forum and a sub forum on this site and you feel like you need more safe space? Please tell us more about your plight and persecution.

I do wish the HH line had better BCs; however, I wish Lapua Scenars, Sierra Gamechangers, Nosler Partitions etc had better BCs as well.

Some of the love/hate dynamic for Hammer bullets boils down to the accessibility of the owner. It is a phenomenon I have noticed in other hobbies of mine such as model aircraft, as well as in my line of work.
A relative newcomer and small scale operation enters the market, and presents something that is arguably better in some ways (though not perfect) than the present gold standard.
Some people glom on to the new company and quickly become diehard believers and vocal proponents. They like being able to call the people at the new company, put great value on any superior performance attributes or differentiating factors, and discount any less than optimal characteristics or shortcomings.

Other people are put off by the disruption caused by the newcomer, and view the free advertising provided by the loyal following (often times annoying) as unearned and suspect. These people typically minimalize what the first bunch value, and harp on the most easily recognized shortcoming which the first bunch in turn minimalized. Incidentally, these people place a value on the accessibility of the owner; where the first bunch feel that they are really helping so-and-so out in a meaningful and realized way by singing the products praises and even going to bat against detractors, the second bunch gets the satisfaction of delivering the comeuppance to a more accessible target than an industry titan who could care less.

I think this dynamic is at play here with Hammer bullets. Consider the level of emotion folks on either side of this divide bring to the table that simply is not present in discussions weighing Sierra vs Berger or what have you.

(Most people exist in the middle and don't care either way, nor care to understand what the fuss is about.)

Anyways, my .02c

There ya go, every other bullet is crappy. Nothing dropped dead before Hammer Bullets. It was expected that I'd shoot a buck and still be tracking it until Tuesday. Same ole song and dance. Read the OP's request. It gets SO annoying that every bullet/loading thread becomes a Hammer Bullet pep rally. Especially when satisfied customers were specifically asked not to comment.
You can throw darts at me on several other threads. Try the one on coyotes.

Tell me the difference in someone suggesting Hammer bullets on a thread and you posting on a thread to complain about posters.

Show me where I spoke well of Hammer bullets in this thread.

Now tell why are you posting in a thread the OP asked for haters to post in. So you hate Hammer bullets or internet posters?
See post #119. I felt like I was pretty detailed in my response to Steve. I am not going to type all that out a 2nd time because you struggle with reading comprehension.

I know I'm going against the op's wishes but for me, there's so many people here that promote, make so many threads talking about hammer bullets, I'm just worn out about how hammers get praised on every bullet thread. From a possible buyer of your products, I believe that with this much praise and not much legitimate negatives to a product, that product is too good to be true and I just get turned off…..I would love to try them but I can't afford them and to be honest, the way I hunt and shoot I have no real reason to use monos even though I've tried a couple brands.

Steve, there's no hate here from me for you, your company or bullet……just tired of the p!ss!ng matches when ppl are trying to get honest answers to the bullets they have narrowed down and your hammers get brought up or promoted like some here get commission for promoting/selling the hammer bullet. It's like some have to praise them so much for them to justify them in their mind or something, idk.

H3ll, I read a thread the other day that someone was wanting to shoot coyotes and the bullets didn't have to be fur friendly, guess what got brought up……use a hammer, their fur friendly🤦🏻, when the op specifically said that the furs aren't worth anything. Sorry, but there's NO way I'd use a bullet over $.60 just to blow a hole on a yote.
Lol, I mean the way they get talked up here it seems that if an animal even looks at your bullet that they fall over dead with a caliber or quarter size entrance and a golf ball sized exit with other smaller holes around the main hole, seriously. It's not your fault but darn it, it gets old.

I will throw out some small complaints I ran into. When I got my first box of Hammers I went through and weighed all 50 bullets. They were the 7 mm 143 gr. I was surprised to see up to a 2 grain difference in many of the bullets, and one that was actually a 131 gr! That is over a 10 grain difference, glad I had weighed them all. That was kind of disappointing for a bullet that cost over twice the amount of the bullets I had been loading, the Eldx 162. When I weighed each Eldx, they were mostly all 162.0 and didn't vary more than 0.5 grains. When I did load development with the hammers they shot about the same as the Eldx so I didn't use the hammers again for awhile. This year I decided to give them a shot again, but I didn't have enough of the Hammers from the original box of 143 gr, so I ordered a new box of 143 gr. Of course I measured and weighed them and they were significantly different weight and BTO than the first box. So load development again. I thought with the CNC machining they would be more consistent. Anyway I found a good load with the new hammer 143 and shot a bull elk at 360 yards. It performed perfectly and rolled him downhill. So overall I am happy with the performance, but wish they were more consistent.

Steve, I do not use Hammer bullets because of the horrendous exchange-rate US$ to S A Rand (15:1), and that I hate.
I can almost guarantee that you will not get even one person admitting that they actually HATE Hammer bullets - probably because one cannot hate them from what I have read (and no, I am not gullible and/or easily persuaded - trust me on that !)
Maybe the question should be tweaked a bit.....viz; "Why I will not buy and/or use Hammer bullets".
Then, the only answers can be price, terminal performance, B.C., fouling, speed, pencil-through, non-availability etc etc.....but most of these do not warranting "hating Hammers"..
Regards from South Africa