I got a PRC

YZ-80

Guys,

I was so happy with my T3X Ember in Crudmore that I decided to buy his reprobate big brother, the PRC. I got it home, out of the stock and the trigger down to a crisp 2 lbs., 9 Oz. Cleaned it up, put the rail on and waiting for the scope, shell holders, comparator case, dies, etc.

I have some boolits on hand, 123 SST, 143 ELDX and I figured I'd buy some of these Sierra Tipped Gamechangers. They look a lot like the ELD-X and I'm excited to try them. Anyway, I struck out on RL-22, RL-26 and H1000, but I got a fair amount of IMR 4831 on hand so maybe I'll try that.

IMG_8620.jpeg
IMG_8622.jpeg
IMG_8623.jpeg

Thanks. Do people shy away from RL-26 in this cartridge for some reason other than availability? I've worked with RL-22 before and really like it as well as H1000.

it was an availability issue for my pals and their builder, who is my main shooting pal.
Then they realized giving up 50fps and gaining temp stability was well worth it.

I've seen H1000 online. 4831 is gonna be 100 fps slower than H1000 or R 26.

I forgot to add that I have some H4831sc on hand that I used to use alot when I had the 6.5-284. So that's an option too. I think I'm gonna focus on that 130 Sierra Tipped Gamechanger first. I like medium weight bullets. Do you guys think the 130 is sufficient to anchor a Cow Elk out to 500? I can always develop alternate loads with 140 class boolits but I'm just curious.

Guys,

I was so happy with my T3X Ember in Crudmore that I decided to buy his reprobate big brother, the PRC. I got it home, out of the stock and the trigger down to a crisp 2 lbs., 9 Oz. Cleaned it up, put the rail on and waiting for the scope, shell holders, comparator case, dies, etc.

I have some boolits on hand, 123 SST, 143 ELDX and I figured I'd buy some of these Sierra Tipped Gamechangers. They look a lot like the ELD-X and I'm excited to try them. Anyway, I struck out on RL-22, RL-26 and H1000, but I got a fair amount of IMR 4831 on hand so maybe I'll try that.

View attachment 533098View attachment 533099View attachment 533100
Nice looking rifle! What are the specks on it?

Well, just a production T3x with a 24, 1:8 bbl. NuttinFancy. But neither am I! If it shoots anything like the other one I have, it's punching above its weight!