Just got a I-Phone- best....?

i have both "Ballistic: FTE" and "KAC BulletFlight". Hard to say which i like more... depends what your looking for in a program, KAC has some extra features, but it is not quite as ergonomically set up as Ballistic FTE, which is really easy to operate, and has been extremely accurate for me.

I would go with Ballistic FTE, and forget about the Bulletflight, however Bulletflight does have Bryan Litz's G7 values saved into it, if that's important to you.

Let me know if you have any more questions, i'd be glad to help, have been tinkering with these programs for a long time.

I'm using Ballistic and am happy with it. I find it handy for on-the-fly calculations. I have the basic version, which I leave set for English units (yds and moa) for hunting, and the FTE version, which I leave set for metric units (meters and mils) for ballistics work. Usually I have to reboot my I phone to get Ballistic the change between English and metric. Nits include very limited documentation (go online), very limited graph options and limited crosswind profiles. I've checked it against other PC-based software and it agrees.

I haven't tried the others.

Bruce

On your iPhone, while connected to the Internet, either 3G or wifi, go to the app store. Search ballistic fte, click purchase, accept the prompt. Then click download. This is assuming you have an iTunes account with sufficient balance to pay for the app.

Oliveralen,

I had FTE and some how lost it. But didn't like it any way.

The only down side was the GUI that limited the range distances to increments of 25 yards and if I recall correctly a max of 1k yards.......

I really liked its potential and was confident of it's accuracy. JBM has always been faithful for me.

Have there been any updates in the last year or so?

Thanks

Roy

I have used JBM ballistics on I phone and I like it but that is the only one I have used so I can't give you any comparisons

wow, i own FTE and Bulletflight, and i have found bullet flight to be a lot easier to use. it's so user friendly and intuitive to run.

i have not even opened FTE in months... i vote for bulletflight

I use Bullet Flight and like it a lot. I have my .243 in there with 3 different bullets, my .223 with two bullets, my .22-250 with 3 bullets, my .30-06 with 2 bullets, and my 7mmMAG with two bullets. All I have to do is pick the rifle and load I'm using, enter the temperature, and wind, and I'm good to go in seconds. I have it calculate a drop table, stick it in my shirt pocket, and I have a ready reference to look up what I need to make a shot.

The multiple rifles with multiple loads database is a wonderful feature.

Fitch

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.